System Photos!

I have a 6 year old gsd and can’t imagine losing him. My sincere condolences on you loss. Run free buddy!

1 Like

Not my system, but this picture was shared by the actor Hugh Jackman.

6 Likes

Holy crapoly!

Smart but not cheap, to use Mac gear as diffusers.

Ouch!

Wow !

5 Likes

With a room that size he coulda got some of the big SoundLabs 'stats instead of the blue light special… :grin:

At the last RMAF, these speakers were playing in the Mac room next to PS Audio (one of the large conference rooms - not a hotel room shoebox). From what I heard, the then current prototype AN3’s were far, far preferable, at least to these ears.

Cornwall 3’s ? Very nice.

That is what I mean with large enough living room, but it might as well be a separate listening / HT room.

Impressive and yet beautiful. Mr. Hackman has taste.

This is the most beautiful room I’ve ever seen, not just the layout of the room, the high ceilings, the exposed brickwork, the high windows, but also the system itself. I adore McIntosh stuff, but that’s just insane!

Holy crapoly +1

Yes. Thx

Sorry, nothing from PS Audio right now but some other stuff from Colorado squeezed into way too small space. Note to self: buy a house with a proper music room.

Top view. Need to make sure the mess of the cables remains well hidden :wink:

Analogue: Clearaudio Master Solution w/Tangent tonearm, Stradivari MC cardridge, Clearaudio clamp and outer ring, Nordost Valhalla tonearm cable
Turntable platform: Finite Elemente Spider platform on Ceraball feet
Digital: Ayre C-5xe on IsoAcoustics Orea, something or another oldish Siltech interconnect
Amps: Aesthetix Janus preamp on IsoAcoustics Orea, Perreaux 750 monos, DIY amp stands, Nordost Valhalla V2 interconnect
Power: Shunyata Hydra 4, Shunyata Alpha v2 and Anaconda cords
Speakers: Avalon Eidolon, Nordost Valhalla speaker cables
Rack: Imitation Burmester

Waiting for the Ceramic Magnetic Bearing for the turntable to arrive. Then to the tonearm upgrade. Down to two candidates: Brinkmann 12.1 and Mørch DP-8. Preamp to be recapped after the current lockdown is over.

17 Likes

looks great!..maybe consider a WFA remnant with dense padding…(works well with the room and budgeting…)

Thanks! The fundamental problem is the asymmetry of the space. Not much I can do about that for the time being.

There is a biggish rug and some padding elements. Wife calls them dog beds. She’s very impressed that I care about the dog’s wellbeing so much that I want him to have lots of big and soft beds. I’ve been thinking of the Harmonix room tuning dots but they are hard to find in this part of the planet.

1 Like

yes, i can see you got things covered… :sunglasses: :+1:

What amp stands are those?

That’s not his system though.

It’s the World of McIntosh Townhouse

Worldofmcintosh.com

Soundstage has a video on it on youtube

1 Like

Beautiful set up, would you mind sharing brand and type of the equipment. I like the speakers. They look like a piece of art.