System Photos!

WHAT is the footlocker looking power amp on the bottom rack shelf far left (next to left speaker)
Tom - NJ

@twablt,

That’s the PS Audio P20 Power plant

@mycrowave it looks like they make “macrowaves”

2 Likes

That system looks like BIG fun!

1 Like

LOL It sure does. To quote Paul…I do get “Pants flapping bass” LOL

3 Likes

@mycrowave nice ! I appreciate you don’t bother with missing space for P20 - way to go! :slight_smile:

1 Like

18 Likes

How did you arrive at the angled subwoofer placement? Curious because I plan on setting my subs this way due to the 45 degree corners because of floor to ceiling bass traps. I have some lead way with placement, but I feel from an aesthetic standpoint they would look much nicer.

Thanks!

1 Like

I just followed the REL videos to end up in that position, @Mcroth. I think that subs should be in proper corners (which one of mine is arguably not). They should be in corners for the same reasons we might have bass traps in the corners. Those low frequencies don’t much care about toe in afaik.

1 Like

I’d love to see your room pic when you’re all sorted!

Haven’t put a picture of my system up in a while. The gear you know, the other stuff you don’t. The quilt was made by my mom. She’s an artist. If you look close, the background (tan color in the middle) material has music staffs on it. The typewriter was my mother-in-laws (my 2 year old grandson loves it) and the box in the middle is a cigar box I was gifted while in Cuba earlier this year…just before the sh@t show.

oh ya, the speakers are too close to the wall…oh, well.

24 Likes

Doc:

I was just reading about those “amplifier circuits in a tube” amps today. Care to share your impressions about their performance?

Cheers.

1 Like

Beautifully done…

1 Like

Hi Scotte,

The amps are the Audions from AGD. They are spectacular. I have only had them a couple of days, but they are powerful, dynamic, and sweet. I will know more after a few more days.

I think that I sold you some Isoacoustic footers a while ago?

Thanks.

Bob V

2 Likes

Yep, we have had a couple of transactions.

I am really fascinated by the AGD amplifier designs (and they are eye candy as far as I am concerned). Looking forward to further impressions you might care to report on later…

These little mono amps might be in my future as well.

Regards.

1 Like

AGD caught my attention as well. Looking forward to your further impressions.

We share the same amp/speaker/DAC combo. I have a limited amount of exposure to other systems. I sit here in awe many times wondering what “better” would sound like.

How do you compare your current setup to others you have had/heard?

Beautiful setup. Love the light.

Cheers,

2 Likes

I honestly try not to compare. I just move up/sideways in random directions as my budget allows. I never A/B, life is too short and I’d rather enjoy music.

Thanks for the compliments. I am, partially, a lighting designer. The fixture is made by a Chicago area company, Luminii. It’s a 3000K up/down asymmetric LED with 0-10v dimming control. I over lamped it by a margin but can still find a low enough level with the dimmer.

3 Likes

Love it! Bet is sounds damn good!

1 Like

My modest 2.0 system (strictly) here:

VPI Super Prime Scout TT + IsoAcoustics Delos platform
Oppo BDP-95 + IsoAcoustics Orea Graphite
Sutherland 20/20 phono stage + LPS
PS Audio Sprout (Bluetooth DAC)
PrimaLuna EVO400 tube integrated amplifier + IsoAcoustics Orea Bordeaux + Delos platform
PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant P12
Focal Sopra 2s + IsoAcoustics Gaia 1s
Triode Wire Labs full loom of cables and interconnects

24 Likes