System Photos!

I’m loving those present sacks, very nice.

1 Like

We have them for our children and grandchildren. They are for the first stage of our Christmas, the stocking stuffers. Over time the Stockings proved too small and we moved to the sacks.

3 Likes

“And the SACKS were hung by the chimney with care in hopes of St. Nicholas would soon be there”

1 Like

Ours is a Real Artificial Spruce. :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

It’s perfectly ok … but the decision of your purchase depends on how your speakers sound at home and not in Mads’ room-- so it’s nice that you have 45 days to return the speakers if they do not suit your taste. It was good that you came to visit Denmark, so we got to know each other. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Indeed, a well recognized piece of comfort.

I use Dynaudio speakers because the company says they design and test them to perform in ordinary living spaces! However, they keep stressing the value of position in the room. Also, in real life, I noticed sound changes depending on position and type of furniture and fixtures!

Reviewers listen to a lot of gear in a variety of situations but mainly in their own listening room(s), which is part of the system in review. However subjective, as long as they compare things within the same space, same setup, their comparisons should be reasonable.

4 Likes

Yes, you are right. It simply does make me feel very uncomfortable to look and listen to reviewers that imply that room treatments are needed. While in my living environment it is not happening for the above given reasons.

In the past that was not an issue when looking at John Darko‘s reviews, which is why I used to like them so much.

2 Likes

Personally what I think Darko did was excellent.

Room treatment is usually promoted as a relatively cheap exercise with ugly panels that generally destroy the decor of a room and lead to divorce. He demonstrated that in cost-benefit terms €10,000 for room treatment is better value than a lot of equipment changes and the great benefit is a room that still looks vaguely attractive and not like a recording studio.

Darko may review a lot of sensible hifi, but the systems pictured are all very expensive and fully merit €10,000 of room treatment.

1 Like

sales and marketing - that’s nothing else in that statement

1 Like

There is nothing new in it

Evolution over 1 year!

29 Likes

Here I thought they were bass traps!

4 Likes

Custom home brew :grin:

Looks like you got back into vinyl :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I managed to get one of our living room system’s Meridian M100 actives in the background so I can claim that our Christmas tree shot remains on topic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Very nice! What’s next to the aurender?

Mandatory speaker change photo:

18 Likes

It’s a USB to i2s converter with a built in linear power supply. There’s a guy in Hong Kong that custom builds them.

4 Likes

is it from AfterDark?