System Photos!

I thought you were going to say “two bunnies”

2 Likes

I will now be buying a bamboo back-scratcher. I forgot how useful they are.

1 Like

Commodore C64, a dream never come true when I was young.

Meanwhile I was breaking my fingernails on a Sinclair zx81 foil keyboard, typing a couple of Basic programming lines. It had whopping 1028 Byte, yes 1 kB RAM to work with. Where are the days. But those simple Basic lines were the first steps towards the job I have now. No regrets at all.

4 Likes

Where are these lost tapes? and let’s get Al’s ultra-fi podcast going!

1 Like

It would just say buy the dragon and be done with it on a loop repeated.

1 Like

Al’s not the AQ dragon pusher. I am lol. He is not an Audioquest fan. Stealth is his cable drug of choice. He has a ton of hifi knowledge and great ears so he’d be a natural!

1 Like

got one each of the 1k, 16k, 48k and 64k. aren’t we olddddd

Back in those days cables were limited to whatever two dollar cable that was supplied in the box with the gear. I wish I had a time machine and could travel back with a handful of todays cables.

4 Likes

K-Mart was high end!

1 Like

Hey Doc, which cable exactly?

2 Likes

Indeed.

1 Like

I have never sold any so I am printing 6 of them right now. I will be able to figure out the price when done by calculating the weight of filament used and time taken to figure out power consumption. Will let you know later or tomorrow.

1 Like

x kg x y watts x z hours = $999 each. Remember, it’s Al.

:slightly_smiling_face: I am always fair and honest…

2 Likes

A month later, integrated the REL 510s and threw in some mood lightnings. A5s breaking in nicely, enjoying some really nice high def shimmering bass, a new experience for me. Watched one of Paul’s video where he mentioned he was building some near field sub to mitigate room issues and thought hmm… can I address some of my 40hz suck out by moving the sub closer… and yes! lifted it almost 10dB I think, pretty happy. Thanks Paul! :slight_smile:

27 Likes

I like and appreciate that kind of floor lamp. They have to survive me kicking them as I don’t seem to be able to avoid doing it. It could be my superpower.

2 Likes

I like and appreciate Selena Gomez. On my last visit to the USA in 2012 we were upgraded to a suite that we were indiscreetly informed by the butler had just been used by Selena Gomez to give Justin Beiber a belated 18th birthday present in the form of a 3-day shagathon. My kids aged 15 and 12 were impressed. I get a few new shirts every year.

1 Like

I think I’d have wanted to check the entire room with one of those torches that detect “organic matter”…

4 Likes

It would have been a long search. The suite was about 3,500 sq.ft. I was hoping for a diamond earring under the bed. My kids managed to trash it, in a teenager sort of way. My 12 year old, now 22, just looks at a room and it turns into a bomb site. It’s a rare skill. Thankfully he’s never indulged in hifi or physical music media, just wireless headphones. He never loses them as they can always be found around his neck.

5 Likes

Good effort - gotta keep the teenage side up :slight_smile: