System Photos!

10 Likes

V8T
Aperion Audio Verus V8T speakers and their Energy 2 stereo amplifier.
Speaker cables from Straight Wire, Hollywood FL
Notice the PS Audio DSD DAC. :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

My oldest brother just replaced (upgraded) his Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 loudspeakers with the Aperion Audio Verus V6T. I thought the Venere 3.0’s sounded pretty decent, but they don’t hold a candle to the Verus V6T’s.

The V6T’s dig a lot deeper while also being cleaner and tighter, midrange is fuller and more natural, treble is considerably airier and open (the Venere 3.0’s are rather muddy and dull by comparison).

Perhaps. I think Aperion audio speakers are grossly overlooked and certainly under advertised in the media. The V8T are seriously well built and sonically excellent. Who knew?

22 Likes

There are only fairly small changes here (viz. 3Xstacked diffusers at first reflection between speaker and listener) but SHOW ME YOUR SYS!

Edit: added absorption treatment in window to listener’s right, to resemble openness to listener’s left.

18 Likes

The treatment at your sealing integrates nicely

Beautiful PS Audio system. It makes me think about what Ivor Tiefenbrun (founder of Linn) said. Invest in the front end, no amplifier is capable to make up for the loss of signal at the source. The Stellar must sound good.

What speakers?

My folks recently downsized to a smaller home and today I helped my dad set up his stereo. I was pretty young when he purchased it, but it still works!

25 Likes

Beautiful McIntosh, eye catching.

1 Like

Yup! I made sure to power it up before snapping the pic. Always loved that color of green in the darkness.

1 Like

Audio enthousiasme is an inherited anomaly :wink:

4 Likes

Ain’t that the truth! I am truly my father’s son, and in more ways than one. I can definitely blame my audio affliction on him. He’s gifted me Stereophile and TAS subscriptions for as long as I can remember. Even when I only owned a cheap Sony all in one shelf system and a cassette Walkman.

4 Likes

Beautiful Mac!

1 Like

Are those Snell type A speakers? I owned them back in the 80’s.

RTR 280 D’s ??? Peerless tweeters?
Yes please!

2 Likes

Al’s right. They’re RTR 280DR’s.

2 Likes

I was in High School, say 1973 when I first heard The RTR 280s! They made a lasting impression on me!

2 Likes

Crocodile Rock? Or A fresh new track called Free Bird? Lol

1 Like

Emerson Lake and Palmer actually. The bass the RTR’s make was unusually powerful for that time. They were quite extraordinary back then!

2 Likes

Thanks, sir! Those are the Harbeth 40.2 Anniversary edition speakers. They might have been involved (pre FR-30) with Darren’s voicing of the M1200 amps. It’s documented within these boards.

1 Like