System Photos!

My wonderful wife got me 2 non-fiction books for Christmas by some guy named @Paul McGowan ! What a lady! 30 years strong, supporting all my hobbies! Also a bit of an audiophile too as she can’t stand sub par sound.
Merry Christmas everyone!

24 Likes

ELP…welcome back my friends

3 Likes

…two virgins and a mule keep it cool keep it cool.

1 Like

I love the Rel stack! Someday I hope to do the same!

2 Likes

Good on her, that’s love for ya :+1:

1 Like

Woo Hoo! Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

We recently added additional room treatments from Acoustimac in Tampa, Florida; 2 panels at rear of the room at the ceiling junction and four corner bass traps. I was tired of waiting for GIK to improve their quality control so I gave Acoustimac a shot and I’m very happy with the construction quality and performance.The improvements exceeded my expectations. I then re-arranged all the GIK treatments. The room is much improved acoustically now. Right now I have a ModWright LS36.5 doing preamp duties instead of the PS Audio BHK. It’s nice to switch between different preamp “flavors” occasionally.

17 Likes

That’s a High Fidelity Cables MC-1 Pro: https://www.thecableco.com/newsletters/post/high-fidelity-cables-amazing-mc-1-pro-and-pro-helix-powerline-conditioners.html

I’ve also a High Fidelity Cables Helix + and two MC-0.5 on the power supplies to the PS Audio M1200 amps.

2 Likes

I dig your system!
Can you talk about the turntable? I can’t really see it well, thx
Is High Fidelity going to start back operations at some point? always wanted to give their CT-1 a spin

Best,
-JP

That’s the first turntable Acoustic Signature brought to the US market about twenty years ago, the Final Tool. I’ve never really had the urge to upgrade and it really doesn’t have anything that wears except for the bearing. That still shows no sign of wear that I’m aware of. I upgraded the motor with their latest version a few years ago. The tonearm is an English Audiomods Series IV and there’s a Transfiguration Axia S cartridge installed at the moment. I made the “sandbox” turntable base. The phono stage is a Polish RCM Sensor II.

It’s a mystery to me if Rick is ever going to resurface as a manufacturer. He sure disappeared after that “50% off everything I make” sale a couple years ago.

23 Likes

My god, that’s a beautiful table! Lovely plinth also, nice job.

3 Likes

Thanks! Acoustic Signature turntables are indeed fine examples of German craftsmanship. It’s a beast to move and work on though. It weighs 75 lbs. when assembled. Dropping the platter into the bearing receiver is an isometric exercise as you try to finesse everything into position without smashing fingers as the 40 lb. platter slides home.

2 Likes

Very nice indeed!

This post is tough for me, but yesterday I listened to music all day on my 32 year old Infinity speakers with all solid state components and without any tubes in the signal path.
And yes, I’m still alive and happy.

But if my tubes were gone, I would definitely NOT be happy :wink:

5 Likes

It’s good to have options

1 Like

Been awhile… my new space and setup.

33 Likes

Very nice! What is sitting next to the Diablo 300?

1 Like

My Vintage '70’s Stereo System

Marantz 1060 Integrated Amplifier
Marantz 105b Tuner
Marantz 140 Power Amplifier
Dual 510 Turntable w/Shure V15III
Sony TC-377 Reel to Reel
Polk Audio Mini Monitor Speakers

This is my first serious Audio System
from the early 70’s - retired from service in the early 80’s when Compact Disc came along. I recently retrieved it all out of storage, gave each piece a thorough cleaning & adjustment and hooked it all up. Everything is still working… after 50 years!

I purchased a Pangea Rack & Stands so that I could display it all in its original glory. (I am
actually impressed with the fit, finish, weight, sturdiness, and overall quality of the Pangea stuff!)

Any of these individual pieces are worth more today than what they sold for new (which is remarkable for most anything electronic). The Marantz WC-10 walnut wood cases themselves are quite rare since few people buying the component in the early 70’s opted to spend an additional $30 for the cabinet since that kind of money could score you a couple of four finger bags. (Those same original component cabinets today are selling for $300!)

Other speakers that I used during this era with these components included Baby Advents, stacked Large Advents, JBL L-65 Jubals, and DLK 4’s.

27 Likes

Since it is from the early 70’s should I say you sure do have a purty stereo rack? :shushing_face:

3 Likes