System Photos!

My main rig. Shown is the Motorola tube-powered record player I just bought on eBay. Exactly like the one my parents gave me for my fourth birthday. Loved that record player! Truly a gateway drug!

31 Likes

I had Martin Logan Prodigy’s, and a pair of ML Depth-i subs. I got the FR-30’s in November, and just got the REL’s this week. Also just replaced an old Krell FPB-600c with the BHK-600’s.

I ordered another pair of Carbon Specials last night direct from REL…I couldn’t wait… :joy:

6 Likes

Our first music equipment is so important :slight_smile:
For me it was a pocket transistor radio - given to me by friends of the family (they knew my musical education was sadly limited at home) - it was a lifeline!

I used to have the Martin Logan Odyssey which was the little brother of the Prodigy. I traded them in for the ML CLX Art speakers. The odyssey was good but the CLX is much better!

3 Likes

Could be a fun separate thread… my first piece of kit was the GE Wildcat :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

This was my paternal grandfather’s 45 rpm player, which he gave me with a stack of 45s, including one for training parrots. Ha! This is not the actual player, unfortunately it is long gone. In the day my brother and I would venture out to the five & dime and pick up a load of 45 rpm cut-outs for 10 cents. Never knew what was in the stack which was part of the fun. One stack had Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. We thought we were so worldly with those 45’s! Yet another stack had The Lovin’ Spoonful’s Nashville Cats and Roger Miller’s King of the Road, which we’d sing along with!

Nashville Cats

King of the Road

Surprise!

11 Likes

Late starter, with this lot. They are now all considered classics and sell for rather more than I paid.

8 Likes

Wow. JR 149’s. Curved clone of the Rogers LS35A, I think. Sold a lot of these. My boss was the US importer.

4 Likes

I inherited the exact same player from my older cousin. It was a monster.
I had completely forgotten about it. I remember playing The Kingsmen’s " Louie, Louie", Napoleon XIV’s " They’re Coming To Take Me Away", and The Beatles “Hey Jude”.

2 Likes

Montgomery Ward Airline

7 Likes

It was a classic in its day for 45 rpm records. Yup, Louie Louie, Tommy Roe’s Dizzy, Paul Revere and the Raiders., The Byrds Turn, Turn, Turn, Mama’s and Papas California Dreamin’, Frank Sinatra’s Only the Lonely (from my aunt),

6 Likes

Although I bought this system about 40 years ago, all of it is available from my local used hifi shop (they exist - https://audiogold.co.uk)

My dealer had them on discount in 1978 for £125. They cost much more than that now. I don’t think they sell anything for £125. A fuse, maybe.

5 Likes

My first record player. Late 60s?
I still have it. I just can’t seem to sell ANY audio gear.

15 Likes

Updated combo 2ch / HT system. Rack patiently waiting for the MKII.

28 Likes

Musical Fidelity M6si - VPI Scout 1.1 w/DL103r - Park’s Audio Budgie w/SUT and w/Uptone Ultracap LPS-2 - PS Audio DSD Sr - PS Audio P12 - KEF R900s - JL Audio Fathom F112 - Matrix X-SPDIF 2 w/Uptone Ultracap LPS-2 - Mac Mini - Lava lamp

23 Likes

Two lava lamps in a row! It’s a sign!

I am going out to buy a lottery ticket.

8 Likes

Can one have a hifi system without a lava lamp?

8 Likes

I guess if you wrap your speaker cables around the lava lamp the sound improves.

5 Likes

+1 for having a lava lamp in the soundroom… :sunglasses:
Doesn’t everyone have one?
Isn’t that an audiogeek rule?

2 Likes

I need a lava lamp! Should never have gotten rid of it when I was younger. Where the hell did that go I wonder? Most likely smoked it.

3 Likes