System Photos!

His location varies with his mood. But let it be known to all that he’s the boss of the joint.

8 Likes

I would agree. My nominally square room opens up to a hallway at the first reflection point on the left, has a cut out/alcove at the back, center-left and has a barn-roof like, uneven ceiling that runs from side to side.

This all breaks things up nicely, and seems to help acoustically.

2 Likes

Looks spectacular, and I bet it sounds fabulous. I’m researching a potential downsizing as well. I don’t recognize the speakers and and subwoofers, which models are they. As we are considering a condo, a pair of subwoofers is not likely in the cards. With the right speakers I’d be willing to forgo the lowest bass octave.

3 Likes

I find the lowest octave makes a huge difference in soundstage width.

3 Likes

Condo life will be a big change imposing certain listening limitations. In the past I have considered headphones, but I have never been much of a serious headphone listener.

My primary system offers a tremendous sense of space as long as the material provides for it. Going forward I’m seeking a more intimate presentation that best serves smaller scale music.

3 Likes

The speakers are from Gershman Acoustics, guessing the Grand Avant Guard?

2 Likes

They look great! Thanks!

1 Like

I heard Gershman’s “Posh” loudspeakers several years ago at Axpona. They were teamed up with a tube preamp and tube power amp from VAC, and that room sounded very, very, very nice.

2 Likes

I can imagine, unfortunately no local dealers (within 3 hour drive).

1 Like

For me it’s always a six hour drive. Sigh.

3 Likes

I feel fortunate, most worthy auditions are within 75 minutes. That reminds me I need to make arrangements to audition the Diablo 300.

One of us is getting a Diablo 333 today! (Not me)
But he isn’t interested in talking about it.
I’d be psyched!
If it qualifies, it will be replacing a BHK Pre and a pair of M1200s. It’s a fair fight.

13 Likes

I look forward to his reaction to the new Diablo 333.

3 Likes

I have a BHK Pre & M1200’s, but unfortunately I am not the one Al is talking about in getting a 333.
I would definitely be psyched!! Even though I am not getting any new stereo equipment today, am still psyched with my current setup.

5 Likes

I’m so jealous - mine has been on order for over 6 months - they tell me it should hit the Australian shores shortly …

4 Likes

Yes. They sound a lot “bigger” than they look. Very musical an non fatiguing. They also dont seem very picky on toe in.

Gershman just released a new base for them that is square instead of rectangular and it will retrofit to these. I haven’t ordered the new bases yet but will do so soon.

2 Likes

Curious as to why original base design was rectangular…

2 Likes

It might be time to step up to the plate! lol

5 Likes

A noble goal, but isn’t getting to Gryphon’s first base more than twice as far as staying with PSA?

3 Likes

So… 2nd base?..

R :sunglasses:n

3 Likes