System Photos!

It has something to do with how bass is presented. Their design is not ported but the base of the speaker somehow allows them to play lower than cabinet size should allow.

It is a Patent Pending technology that they developed in house.

3 Likes

Now I am Curious as to why new base design is square and whether it will be better. :wink:

I’ll check out their website.

I think it is a little taller so the same volume without taking up any more room on the floor.
Ofra said it also resulted in 1db more bass before the 3db down point.
They do play really deep for the cabinet size.
I have my subs crossed over at 34 or 36 hz with 24db slope and they really should be lower than that to be seamless.
That is one of the reasons for me trying out the miniDSP is to high pass the mains and low pass the subs so the subs can do more work without overlap.

1 Like

Winter is my music season, no time when summer comes to the ranch.

Sonus Faber Elipsa SE each pair with REL S812s. Aurender ACS10 server\streamer, rest is PS Audio. Regenerator, directstream, pre, and 300s.

GiK and homegrown treatments

21 Likes

Awesome setup! It looks like a really great place to enjoy the winter inside.

And the wood stove looks like a good one too.

It brings back memories of when my wife and I were first married. We burned wood because we couldn’t afford propane or fuel oil. We used an Ashley wood stove for a lot of years.

That fact makes us really appreciate the nicer things in life we have come to be able to afford and enjoy.

1 Like

Thanks.

I retired from city life to a little 20 acre ranch at the base of a mountain in N Idaho. I hardly ever leave. Winter life is spent listening to music , dogs in my lap, in front of that woodstove while tending horses.

It doesn’t suck at all!

I recently upgraded the woodstove as our heat pump failed leaving us with just an electric furnace. This winter we heat 100% off that stove and its kept us toasty even at -28°F. Hardest part of having the stive is that it is a room dictator forcing placement of everything in the room. Took awhile to figure out corner placement of the stereo, but once I got that figured it has a deeper soundstage than when I had a more standard single wall arrangement.

10 Likes

So titillating.

1 Like

Does the stove and pipe enhance your bass? :thinking:

1 Like

Our mutual friend took his brand new Gryphon Diablo 333 out of it’s crate and hooked it up. He says it seems nice. I hope he mans up and posts about it here. But he is so shy.

Unless he has a bad joke to share.

Grimm MU2, MUON Pro System, Gryphon Diablo 333, PS Audio P20.
All in the correct Black Color.

20 Likes

I could say if it helped bass, but doubt it’s been helpful acoustically.

When running a frequency sweep in the room the old steel woodstove would actually ring at certain frequencies. It was sort of like having an empty dumpster in the room. The new one is cast iron and it seem much less reactive.

I have some old plots that showed a huge spike reading back the sweep through a microphone. Lucky for me I never noticed that ringing while listening to music.

3 Likes

What a beast!

1 Like

This is where I am headed. Integrated, streamer/dac, and power. Easy.

5 Likes

Those three pieces, the Grimm MU2, The MUON Pro System, and the Gryphon Diablo 333 are all a fella needs for wonderful sound. But, the MU2 has an awesome Preamp in it so the Diablo could be just an amplifier. The Grimm MU2 and powered speakers, and the MUON Pro could do the job.

But this setup, overkill, and yet….

5 Likes

That table is saweeet

4 Likes

I love my table, thanks.

I am still in the setup process. Added my bunnies, Al has inspired my decorating wife who keeps an eye out for bunnies. I like the way they complement Al, my system and my table. An SR black box just arrived; per Al’s suggestion, it will go in the back of my SUV while I do my initial setup tuning and position.

When I brought the 333 in-downstairs with my wife’s help, she is actually stronger than me, the unpacking and connecting took so long, I just sat down mid-clean up and enjoyed music for nearly 2 hours with kitty (then rest and sleep). The subs, REL S812, will take some positioning and tuning; but I am happy for now. To many details happening all at once, I just want to listen.

I want to thank George Vatchnadze of Kyomi Audio who generously gave me the first of two Diablo 333s that he had been allocated.

21 Likes

I want to thank Al for helping me down the rabbit hole. Yes, I have been out of control; but I am at my endgame (until my next life :smiley:).

6 Likes

Simplified system and solid stand! I’m jealous.

2 Likes

Shout out to George for taking care of you! Congrats! Can’t wait to hear what you think of the Diablo 333.

3 Likes

You don’t have to worry about those bunnies eating cables.

3 Likes

I love to see workshop systems! This is we do most of our listening.