System Photos!

thank you James i really appreciate your input and for sharing your experience with all the PSA products with me and the community.

2 Likes

IMG_3061

Simple system: DSJ, Parasound A21, Ohm 1000. Everything runs through the DSJ via Roon (ethernet) and cable (SPDIF). Sounds great!!!

13 Likes

Well, I got the Topping D50 because I’m nuts that way. I’m afraid I relegated the Sprout100 to the guitar room in favor of the Audiolab 8000A. Just fuller and richer.

Sprout will be great in music room because I generally use that with my phone and bluetooth to run through songs/tunes to play over.

10 Likes

talk to me about the acoustic panels on the wall

Stands get ridiculously expensive and move in to the snake oil segment of the hobby. I did a fair amount of research on acoustic isolation and a few things came up such as bamboo butcher block being an excellent isolation material, sorbothane absorbs most transmitted vibration, and layering different materials. I got the IKEA Aptitlig isolation bases (aka cutting boards) and some 1/4 inch sorbothane disks on Amazon. Total cost for my state of the art isolation bases: $23 each! Plus they look cool.

1 Like

That’s awesome with a capital “A”

My exposed cables are in normal white electrical trunking boxes that I covered in some wood-effect sticky plastic that I had in a drawer, so I don’t see the cables and they’re protected from getting trodden on. There is slack cable behind my hifi unit, so to stop it folding and creasing I put a couple of nails in the wall and suspended the cable using a bit of old shoelace, as I couldn’t find any string.

Nice china cups sounds far more elegant.

The wood quadratic diffusers behind the speakers are kits from an Etsy site: https://www.etsy.com/listing/613710045/huge-35-diy-acoustic-n23-skyline-sound?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=skyline+diffuser&ref=sr_gallery-1-5&organic_search_click=1

These were easy to glue up and came out nice. The seller is a good guy, we spoke a few times. They are a bit heavy but look terrific.

I also bought 6 Vicoustic panels from The Cable Company. These are light foam panels that I put at the first and second reflection points and hung on the TV. Easy set up.

The diffusers made a huge difference. The sound stage opened up even more, bass boom was reduced, and the overall sound is smoother. Actually surprised what a difference it made.

2 Likes

It seems that our new little kitty “Bucky” enjoys watching Paul with me. :grin::+1:

12 Likes

Kitty recognizes talent when he sees it. He wants more components to sleep on :):smile:

Very nice system.

Chas

2 Likes

After additional testing, P20 is the winner by far.
It’s really awesome :clap:

1 Like

I’m using Isoacoustic Gaia Titan on my speakers. NOT SNAKE OIL!
Best bang for the buck ever. Tighter everything, bigger soundstage. Took about 2 seconds to hear the difference.

For now relegated to a nook in the bedroom but it still works. I enjoy near field listening plus no one bothers me.

18 Likes

It looks like you have the Phoenix Engineering PSU and Tach. How do you like them? I have the same setup on a Prime and I really like them.

Is that the P2 amp from ATC? If so how do you like it?

Paul keeps telling us we need 2 woofers. These 2 are the same brand GSP. The one on the right has been my faithful listening companion for 14 years but the bottom end is starting to sag and the rise time is a bit on the slow side. The new one on the left is super fast but still a bit in your face. Hopefully the brake in happens sooner rather than later.

21 Likes

Now beware that the beautiful dogs do not fall asleep to the blue light :kissing_heart:
More love

Both beautiful dogs. My newest Shorthair is going to be 5 years old and just starting to break in nicely. We called him psycho-billy for about three years. A buzz collar can be your friend. Is the one on the right also a SH pointer? Looks like it but I have never seen one so dark.

I had to put down my last GSP, I have been privileged to have two great ones, a few months ago. He was great hunter, and therapist.

Our current woofer situation is a bit more Anglican in ancestry :

I will definitely get more GSPs when I am closer to retirement and I can spend the proper amount of time with them. The are the best breed of dog IMO.

Of course they compete with PS Audio for entertainment $$$.

2 Likes

PS AUDIO GAIN CELL DAC
PS AUDIO S300
Mission 770 Mk2
SVS SB-2000 x2
SONY PS-X6 w/ AT440mlb
Cambridge CP2
Denon DVD-5900
Yamaha KX-300U
Cambridge Azur 340T

10 Likes