Tekton Design speakers

I have a set of Electrons which are just “baby Double Impact” with DS Jr, BHK preamp, and M700’s. I also like the sound of the Tektons. I ran the system for a few months using the DS Jr as a preamp and the system also sounded good. Congrats!

1 Like

My DI SEs arrived yesterday, initial impressions are well, impressive. How are yours breaking in?

I would say that after breaking them in you will be even more pleased. Mine have been going for just under a month and I can already tell the difference now, less “dry” sound and now better definition at lower volume especially in the mid-low freq. Well worth the patience to break them in :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update… running them in with the Purist Audio Designs System Enhancer CD. Can’t wait till they open up, sound pretty fine already.
:hear_no_evil:

New Tekton 2-10 speakers reviewed by Guttenberg.

3 Likes

How bout them Moabs :smiley:

What thred are the DIs? Was going to get some Herbie’s.

1/4-20

Seriously, every review I’ve seen is pretty positive or outright rave. I am looking at them to replace my borrowed Klipsch RF7-III’s which I like but they are overdue for return. Based on reviews it seems like a no brainer

Definitely. Check out our FB fan page. You can get excellent info and people. You can even find someone in your area who is willing to let you come listen :slight_smile: I’m in the southern Ca area and have had multiple people come by for listening sessions.

Love my Encores more everyday!

I have Double Impacts and I am considering moving up to the Encores…did you have a chance to compare the two?

I did not… Did as much reading as I could on them, and talked with Eric about what I was looking for. These speakers were amazing before with a huge soundstage, but with the addition of the stereo REL subs it seems as if there are no gaps with the presentation (if that makes sense).

1 Like

I have Herbie´s cone/spike decoupling gliders with my DI´s and it was even bigger upgrade than I thought would be possible, on hardwood floor here. Isoacoustic Gaia is another level I think but will also lift speakers even higher. Maybe too high if you sit on a low couch as the reference axis is pretty high on DI´s already.

I have been thinking Moab´s or Encore´s too…lol. My room can´t take Ulfberhts but Encore´s might be the ticket. Maybe some day…