Tekton Design speakers

Never demoed them yet from dealer. Taking a break for upgrades right now. PSB Imagine T3’s are working nicely for now. Waiting on PSA first…

For what it is worth i had the double impacts for a short while. There was something loose inside and i was asked to remove the woofer to see what was loose . After looking inside i knew i was sending them back. An expensive experiment.

Dave

I too had and issue out of the box…

The board looked like it was hot glued on.

Dave

darrenv1070,

Hoping to impose upon you to ask you to write more words about why you think the PSBs leave you still looking for something better. If it’s the pursuit of the hobby, I certainly get that. But I’m strongly considering the PSB T3s and would appreciate the insight of someone with an extended experience with them.

Using GainCellDAC + M700s. Room is 18’x21’x10’, very imperfect, with lots of glass, 6 guitars on the walls, odd walls, etc.

Not to put words in your mouth, but: I have PSB Imagine Minis in a home office setup with a Sprout. REALLY like them. But maybe they lack energy? excitement? are they a hair too smooth?

Thanks.

FWIW I have a set of Tekton Electrons and really like them. I thought my living / music room would be small for the double impacts although now I am considering a set of Encores as a possible upgrade for no other reason than interest a little farther up the product line . :thinking:

I have the Double Impacts and love them. But, I do get an itch to try out the Encores…

I think next summer I will order a set of Encores just to find out. I’ll post a review when I have them in the system.

Never tried them

Waiting on the PSA AN2’s

Happy with my PSB Imagine T3’s with Iso Acoustic footers for now. Great speakers.

1 Like

Also very interested in the PSA entry level speaker but they may be a ways out. We’ll see what things look like in the early summer 2019

I bought the Tekton Double Impacts and changed my amp to a low powered-tubed variety -that combination works extremely well. The mid-range, detail, and soundstage were better than my previous electrostatic speakers. The Double Impacts were a game-changer for me.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: DMP Firmware 1.94

I have Tekton DI´s with upgrade package and really like their sound a lot. They are really demanding to set them up right. 2mm off on any axis and sound gets bad,theyre so accurate. Also decoupling makes wonders,do not let them just stand on the floor. I use Herbies cone/spike decoupling gliders under supplied spikes and the sound difference is huge.
They really let you hear all your upfront electronics and cables,everything. So if they sound bad,well maybe its your gear…one wrong cable,say from router,usb…you name it and you hear it :slight_smile:

My Double Impact speakers with the $300 upgrade are not at all demanding to setup or sensitive to being slightly off axis. They have a large sweet spot too. I am using Herbie Threaded Stud Glider feet.

I never had a speaker setup with large sweet spot and for me Tektons doesnt make an exception. My aim is to get best possible sound in one spot,yet they sound good even to kitchen but no stereo image there :smiley:

Glad you like your DI´s too. I drive mine now with PS dsd and Gamut m250mk3 amps.Figuring to try out BHK250 in the future.

Large, relatively speaking. I can get both spots in a love seat sounding great with the vertical sweet spot being several feet tall.

Here is the amp I am using:

http://www.dsachsconsulting.com/custom%20kt88%20tube%20amp.html

I just received my Tekton Double Impact SE a few days ago. I have them paired up with the Stellar Gain Cell and M700 Monoblocks combo. Although everything is still in the “burn-in” period it sounds fantastic! The sweet spot does not appear as narrow as I have read in some reviews. Will be able to tell more when the setup has hours into it but for now, I am very pleased.

1 Like