The final release of Massive for MK2 DAC

Yes, noted in my post. Do you remember what the recommended power settings were? I think one was auto for usb but I am not sure now.

WI-FI power is ON by default after upgrade. Anyone else notice this?

3 Likes

Thanks. Did not notice this but will kill wifi. My Ui controls are so slow and erratic that finding it will be difficult since button push doesnā€™t always react.

Good catch. Checked it on mine, turned it off.

Iā€™m using both IS2 for Transport and Airlens, long forgot what the other ground - lift settings were or where to findā€¦what are the current recommendations? Thanksā€¦

Hereā€™s the general troubleshooting for the update. If you guys are having issues, give those steps a shot. Weā€™ve engaged engineering on the latency issue, itā€™s just difficult, I canā€™t get a unit in the factory to do itā€¦

Thanks!!

3 Likes

I donā€™t seem to see it on mine, either.

When the new code propagates the FPGA it may go into areas formerly not used. Those gates and clocks are subject to break in. That is where the change in sound originates.

1 Like

Would a latency video be helpful ? I can take an iPhone video and email it to you.when I return home. I have to venture into menus later for wifi deselection.

Sure!

You can send it over to service@psaudio.com Iā€™ll intercept it there.

Thanks

2 Likes

I also noticed that no network indicator in the display after the update. Yes it did do a factory reset on all settings. With Wifi off no display indicating that like it had before either.

i tried unplugging USB thumbdrive when i had lagging and it did not changed anything. However i kept USB stick unplugged before and after power-cycle.

1 Like

With about 3 hours on it, it sounds incredible. Well done!

Seems you have to load the FPGA code twice as it showed up again after the first load.

Sound wise Massive beats all the previous firmware update by quite a bit. Itā€™s like focusing the lens on a camera and everything is clear and locked in. Every instrument from front to back is more real and present with more visceral impact! It really doesnā€™t get much better than this upgrade.

4 Likes

What exactly do you mean with this statemen?. So your unit showed previous FPGA load? Or you reloaded it to cure the interface latency issues with the buttons

Thanks

1 Like

After you download the firmware, you go to the menu and in firmware upgade page, you press the button to upload the firmware and is then uploaded and resets. I went to the page again and it was there to be uploaded again. After the second time, the upload page no longer showed it again. I donā€™t know if it loaded the first time, but it did show the percentages being loaded and all, but I loaded it the second time anyway because it was there.

I had to reset the gound lifts and turn the WiFi off, and rename the inputs, but it did ask if I was using a preamp, which I was and was set to 100 which it reset to 100, so I didnā€™t have to do it.

As you break in the firmware, the sound gets more at ease and it sounds as real as ever. This is some upgrade!

3 Likes

It should show all the firmware versions on the USB stick after initial upload with the current most recent version first. Mine exhibited the same as you described. However I only did reload once.

1 Like

Did you go to the FPGA upload page in the menu a second time to see if it was available for upload again? It shows the in percentage of the uploading and when finished, it resets and exits. I did it twice.

1 Like

I sent a video of latency issues. I tried system rest unit then hung. I pulled USB stick Did a hrd power reset off 30 seconds power on.

Mow my unit user interface is working normal. Also system resets are normal

Must be issue of leaving USB stick inserted after reload.

Works beautifully now.

1 Like

I only went to page showed current firmware. So I knew it took. Have since resolved my slow user iinterface issues as in previous post

1 Like