The next DirectStream update?

Stick it in a bird cage and you have a faraday cage on the cheap!

1 Like

Amen! NUCs are electrically noisy little beasts!

3:10 works well for me.

Notice any difference in sound quality?

@brett66 - Yes, I placed my Nucleus+ on the top of my rack with the SBOOSTER LPS, the AQVOX SE is sitting on the PSA DS DMP and PSA DS DAC is one shelf down. I use the PSA DS DMP as a shield from the switch & Nucleus+; and, the distance from the switch to PSA DS DAC and Nucleus+ to PSA DS DAC. The PSA DS DMP is never ON when streaming so it acts as a shield both physically and establishing distance. I also have the switch between the Nucleus+ and PSA DS DAC so I can have the smallest length AQVOX CAT7 cables and not have any of the units next to one another both horizontally or vertically. This addresses both space and shielding. The AQVOX SE switch is heavy enough such that it is not tilted by cables and I can look at the switchā€™s LEDs from the top of the rack because the glass top allows the view. I donā€™t need to look from the back of the rack.

Also, when my SBOOSTER MKII (5V w/ Ultra) for the AQVOX SE switch arrives, it has a spot on the top of the rack next to the SBOOSTER for Nucleus+.

1 Like

Not immediately. I tried toggle from bright to off, back and forth. But I think the display is an issue with the DS not the DMP. And the way I read that post wasā€¦ bright to off, no difference. it was the lower light levels that caused issues. I may be wrong.

I would have to make those silver/white sub feet go dark and disappear. Flat black.

I just had to cover my Gaia III feet with flat black tape, too shiny despite the dark appearance.

I donā€™t like visual or audio glare.

@brett66 - OK, then Iā€™d have to blacken the chrome on my SF Guareni Evolutions; or get rid of the cycle my wife gave me for my 50th birthday. However, you got me thinking of the silver feet on the RELs. Itā€™s a good thing Iā€™m not obsessiveā€¦ notā€¦ :slight_smile:

I tell you this AQVOX SE switch made a big difference in very subtle ways. Holy crap! listening to independent instruments, independent in space yet occupying a soundstage with other instruments. The noise floor dropped, and the soundstage opened upā€¦ integrated it a few days ago and it is getting betterā€¦ listening to acoustic guitar is the bomb.

I only notice the feet of the subs, everything else looks great. Could just be the light the camera picked up or flash (eek).

1 Like

You can replace the stock REL feet with Iso-Pucks or SVS Soundpath feet, both are black. Also Adona probably carries large Black Chrome spikes that would work.

@dawkinsj - Thanks; is there any change in launch (downward firing) to floor (height) and how are they secured? Just looked up the Isoacoustic pucks. They are 1.2in and the REL foot is 2in

Nice story. Doesnā€™t sound like Miles-like behavior though. Love those recordings however.

The Iso-Pucks are 1.2" and the SVS are 1.5" as are the large Adona spikes. The subs just sit on top of the suction cup like top of the Iso-Pucks and the other two screw in as I imagine the REL feet do so I would find the one whose height fits your needs.

1 Like

Guys, there is a DMP update thread alreadyā€¦letā€™s try to keep this one about the DSD updateā€¦

Oh, come on, we wander all over the place waiting.

2 Likes

I also read this elsewhere (I hink it was in a well known Jazz book) and I think it sounds exactly like Miles. I saw him live in a late fusion concert and experiencing him mostly off the audience turning the back to the crowd gives the impression of little respect and much ego.

1 Like

When I saw him play, he put his back to the audience and played to the floor.

Doesnā€™t sound like Miles to me. Addressing an audience member. . . never have heard that to happen. Turning his back, ignoring, yes. But itā€™s a good story.

I would agree with you IF there were not already a thread for the DMP 3.10 update. There is so I cannot disagree with you more strongly.

1 Like

Sorta agree with both of you. But assumedly a vast majority of DMP owners own a DS. It may certainly be less so viewed from the direction of DS owners.