The P20 doing its thing very well

You’re super lucky and are benefiting more from the reduced impedance the P15 provides and less with the lower distortion.

My P10 rarely goes below 2.6% with nothing connected or powered and is typically at 3% with all devices on. I don’t believe load matters much until you start pushing 80%+.

My new electric kettle makes the P10 transformer hum but I can only hear it if I’m within a couple feet. Of course the kettle doesn’t get used but in the morning for 3 mins. Non-issue.

Everything connected to the electrical system has an impact while it’s consuming power and some ‘bad’ devices just when they are powered but not doing any ‘work’. The farther away electrically the source of the noise the better. A dedicated, large awg, circuit is the most practical way to create separation.

3 Likes

Howdy neighbor. You’re lucky. Com Ed here in Highland Park. Lousy power.

1 Like

That’s hard to believe on the north shore. Maybe they need a reactor in Zion again!

Nah, after they shot the protons into Lake Michigan that was the end of that. :roll_eyes:

After shutting down the reactor and removing the fuel ComEd did run the generator as a synchronous condenser to maintain grid voltage and stability.

1 Like

Mine seems less wonderful but still sweet.

2 Likes

Probably the worst I have seen.

EEK

But your PowerPlant is handling it nicely.

My incoming THD is a steady 3% to 3.5% with outgoing of 0.1%, occasional 0.2%.

1 Like

Wow. Here is mine. Now I won’t complain on those incoming bump. :slight_smile:

I wonder do you hear the Sound Quality change, or P20 faithful guards the SQ during those hight THD period? Thanks.

1 Like

That definitely explains the sounds you were getting from the Niagara 5000! I feel very fortunate. Like Elk I run between 2 to 3.5 in .1 to .3 out.

Hi @paul172
Your THD out is a jagged line. It happens here when I adjust phase tuning either manually or auto.

I noticed the past couple weeks the output has been a little erratic. Not sure if it has to do with the warmer days and the air conditioning running more often or maybe it’s telling me I need a P15 or P20!

I set Phase Tuning to zero and the line got flat again. So, I left it there.

1 Like

Mine is set at zero. I switched from low distortion to high regulation to see if that changes anything.

1 Like

Curious if this would do it. Due to my wild voltage changes, mine has been in high regulation since day one

I will be honest, I do not detect a sq change. Sometimes, I think my system sounds better, but I never look at the P20 screen at the time it occurs. I have tried to get away from obsessing over every stinkin’ hiccup and just try to enjoy the music.

5 Likes

Same here. Even though I am in the super high incoming power distortion camp, 7 to 8% on average, I have noticed no change in SQ with the P20 when the THD changes.

2 Likes

Is this even possible though…?

1 Like

Whiz Kid can’t you just give yourself a break and “Listen To The Music”?
:grin: :grin: :innocent:

1 Like

I turn all displays off and let my ears and inner self do the their job. I have not listened to my system sans the power regenerator since I received it. I think I have to, lest I become too copmlacent :grinning:

1 Like

Serhan I like that…myself I turn off my P15’s display and
let the music play …

However to disconnect all from my P15…you make me work too much.
not enough outlets otherwise… :innocent:

1 Like