The problem with this forum

We do tend to be tough on each other’s bank accounts (and sanity). :slight_smile:

Have you tried ‘quantum’ silver contact treatment yet?
Quantum Silver Contact Treatment with Nanocrystal Technology | Walker Audio

I have resisted many planned things i wanted that I saw on here but it usually helps when there under $3k. There are others I am glad I didn’t.

Those I Didn’t resist
1 Iconoclast cables
2 AQ Dragon HDMI and HC power Cord
3 The DS DAC
4 The P20
5 ted’s DAC tweaks
6 Roon
7 SGC streamer
8 UltraRendu
9 audiophile ethernet cords
10 LPS HDPLEX300
11 Dedicated 20 Amp lines
12 Audiophile fuses
13 Whisper Power Cords
14 Iso Acoustic GAIA for speakers
15 the matrix

Those I came close but decidedly passed
1 BHK preamps too noisy
2 BHK Amps too small but now getting bigger
3 noise Harvesters
4 spinning shiny disks inconvenience
5 spinning vinyl. Cost and inconvenience
6 Optical ethernet
7 a host of LPS costly
8 expensive Shunyata Power Cords

Those I may still do
1 TSS DAC elusive
2. DS MK II
3. Bigger BHK amps
4 a bigger FR speaker
5 The Air Lens.

2 Likes

Great list!

Either do yourself a favor and continue to pass, or do yourself a huge favor and give 'em a listen.

I’m a huge fan of them, and that’s after going decades without buying any significantly improved cables (other than the basic Blue Jeans Cable and some Wireworld interconnects, now replaced. See: Iconoclast in your list above…)

Edit: And I wholeheartedly agree with the OP about the problem of this forum! I still haven’t made time to set up my Grimm MU1, nor Roon, nor my new (used, temporary) DAC until the Mk2 is released, nor my M1200s… none of which I would have purchased without exposure to all of you here.

1 Like

While we are on the subject I would like to thank everyone here for help and guidance in putting together a stereo system that sounds better than I thought was possible. Even in my “untreated” living room!

Although it cost me a couple hundred thousand dollars more than anticipated I dont regret any of the cost and also enjoy the long distance camaraderie here.

Thanks all! :grin:

5 Likes

I am done with upgrades and only have a small list left:

• FR30 speakers eventually
  • DS II or a TSS if it ever comes out
  • AirLens, if it can pair with Euphony Summus 2
  • One or two more AQ Dragon cords
  • Whisper Elite to try? Silnote Orion 1 Master Ref. (So good on digital)?
  • P30 to replace P15, after I replace my amps with bigger monsters. Then I will need a new pre.

Wait, I listed the entire system, and I do not think I am done yet. Well, I need to shrink the list somehow.

2 Likes

Hence my resetting, and going “dark” while I listen to one thing for a while. I needed to return to my normal engineering discipline. Tweaks are fun but for me more than one at a time just muddies the water.

I will post my short observation about the M1 in that thread.

3 Likes

Perhaps there is a shrink that specializes in our audiophile disease instead.

1 Like

I have a few Shunyata cords doing NR duty. So they don’t pollute my system. Problem is there is not a power cord that does everything well and cannot be tweaked to perform better, And that is not less than 15K.

Hah I need the doc too.

1 Like

Feel free to call me Dr. Vince (unqualified). I’ll listen to your woes, give you unfounded advice based on the time of the day, phase of the moon, my last meal, and if I am clothed. When the session is over you can pay via PayPal.

2 Likes

So Dr. Vince would gladly check your spl levels vs tinnitis levels and
as well as your ldl/hdl levels…along with Rx treatments…

For all this a pair of Sopra 3s would be proper compensation…

Reasonable pricing :innocent:

Best wishes

1 Like

I was thinking MBL 116F Radialstrahler.

1 Like

I had a nasty image imprinted into my brain from your description. Time for some soothing music to clear my head :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Nice but no 30 month waiting period for me :innocent:

Great forum

Best wishes

2 Likes

If I make a visit to an esthetician, will that help?

^^now that’s the problem with this forum. :wink:

1 Like

I’m hoping to upgrade to younger ears and a more braincells, so I can enjoy more music a one time, and remember it all.

Sigh!

3 Likes

It is a worse picture now unless your cosmetic surgeon can also make you look like a Kardashian sister. :grin:

1 Like

I don’t want to question your taste, but if I was going to change, I’d probably go a bit more Nordic.

Are you saying this place is run by pre geriatrics…?

Common Donald…you want to look like a Kardashian…really? :thinking:

Not for this kid…

Best wishes

2 Likes