The royal slam

I tried to keep the topic title halfway compatible to an audio and music forum :wink:

So Steven, danoftheuk and others of the UK…keep us informed what the British think feel…

1 Like

Where I live in Scotland “slam” is either golfing :golf::golfing_man:‍♂or :fishing_pole_and_fish:. Royal Slam Angling.??

3 Likes

I wait for those who understand me (if there are any) :wink:

What are you referring to. I don’t understand ''slam" :confused:

2 Likes

There is a lot to be said for washing your dirty linen in private :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Oh, I am slow today. The American Royalty.? I never tune into any Royal nonsense home or away.

3 Likes

as i understand it you american folks are more interested in th uk “royal family” than we are :wink:

3 Likes

I was sure „slam“ also has a meaning of „bang“ or „smacker“ and that a few know Steely Dan, but it seems my fantasy took me away too far…and yes, UK royals…the last „king“ of the USA was just fired :wink:

3 Likes

It sure did. I had no clue. Language barrier…:grin:

2 Likes

when Diane Spencer died while being chased by press photographers, i was truly astounded at the level of hysteria in the uk, from folks who had never been royal fans ever.
a hysteria that has not completely faded even now.

1 Like

There isn’t any great love for the Royal family up here… The problem with Harry he didn’t marry into blood. :grin:
Generations of marrying half sisters or half brothers and / or cousins…“they always keep it in the family” with others who are familiar with Royal protocol…!

6 Likes

The death of Diana was a casebook example of the violation of road safety precepts. Do not drink and drive. Do not exceed the speed limit. Wear a seatbelt. If any of them had been followed the tragedy would have been avoided.

2 Likes

Indeed.

I suggested to my wife he should have married a nice English girl (Cressida) or a German, she said I was racist, but that’s what they’ve done for centuries.

I’m a big fan of the Royal Family. William and Kate have not put a foot wrong. Meghan joins The Firm, brings over her Hollywood press agent but doesn’t realise she’s the office junior who will be making the tea and keeping quiet for the first 5 years, resigns in a hissy fit expecting to keep her company car and benefits and when she realises it was her decision to resign and the car has been taken off the driveway and there’s no pension benefit, and her office friends aren’t returning her calls, she plays the race card against her old boss.

My wife put it more succinctly, she said she should shut up and F off. There is nothing racist about it, she just never read the rulebook.

I wouldn’t feel sorry, apparently there’s good money in doing elephant impressions for Disney.

5 Likes

Ah yees, so you (British) really love your royals and their habits and rules :wink:

I have no opinion yet. Interesting to read those of others with more background (or not).

1 Like

Jaszznut - If it’s any consolation, I thought of the Dan tune immediately on seeing the thread title, and assumed you’d misspelled it. One of my favorite albums of theirs. Now I have the guitar lick stuck in my head for the next few hours. Worse things to be stuck in there…:man_shrugging:t2:

Why any intelligent people /citizens of any given country in todays world are willing to support with there hard earned money a white elephant known as a “royal family” is beyond belief and utter nonsense… What do these royals do beside fill their own coffers with other peoples pain?

1 Like

Yes, time to listen to listen to a few of their albums again…if there’s any best group of the world then…

Yep, that more or less nails it.! From day one I knew there would be trouble looming. Meghan has no family members at the wedding, it was like a script from an American soap opera. Young Z-list actress marries above her station, etc, etc… Yes, it was doomed to fail. Like I said, I care less about the Royals.

2 Likes

Especially once Aja and Gaucho came out, the question would always be, “What do you follow THAT with?!?”