Theoretica Applied Physics BACCH

That sounds right. Edgar (or whoever) will help get the Mac Mini configured and you can later upgrade to the Audiophile version and add the ability to have custom config files for your head and listening position with the Babyface Pro FS addition. I don’t believe this latter step will require any assistance from the Theoretica staff.

2 Likes

For RME fans here’s a pic of MY UFX which is part of my edit suite. Also a Rupert Neve channel strip feeding it.

2 Likes

It’s difficult for us to directly credit what has made the dramatic improvement in our system, but for sure BACCH4MAC has added the icing on the cake (see, still using food analogies :smile:). Can’t see living without it!

As we’ve said before over the past few months we’ve added and or changed a lot of equipment and they are breaking in more and more as we listen. Triton Reference speakers in November, Dennis Had 300b tube amp in December (while waiting for a Decware Sarah 300b Amp, and ZRock2), PS Audio DirectSteam MKII DAC in December, Decware cables in December, Decware Zbit in January, Shorting plugs and USB cable from @jkrichards in January.

So, it’s hard to say subjectively what’s improving on a daily basis, but our system as a whole is still improving. Today we are getting the best sound we ever heard from our setup, and BACCH4Mac IOHO is a large part of that improvement.

Can’t wait to hear what our system will sound like tomorrow!

2 Likes

I was remiss in my last post not stating that all of this has been possible because of the wonderful improvement the PS Audio MKII DAC has brought to the table. @tedsmith

Great job buddy!

3 Likes

My Bacch4Mac delayed by Fedex until Sunday. Only got as far as KY.

Can’t wait to hear your opinion!

1 Like

Oh, I forgot… we had 8 GIK Acoustic absorption and diffusion panels, then added 8 more in October.

So we have to cool it for a while.

1 Like

Hi @Steve08226 - if I’m understanding your journey correctly, you’ve had the Audiophile kit in place for a few days. If this is correct, how would you characterize the changes you are hearing over the Intro kit you installed initially?

Is your listening room on the large side? I understand the more precise filters created from the calibration capabilities of the Audiophile and above versions are more critical with larger rooms. In my situation, my listening distance is more in the mid-field range (with ample absorption panels installed). I’m now thinking I’ll start with the Intro version (gateway drug?) and see how that goes :grin:

3 Likes

ViperRGD,

We are still on the intro version of BACCH4MAC, and never had the audiophile kit.

Our room is a well treated 20 X 22 room.

The soundstage goes from wall to wall (and beyond) after you hear BACCH you’ll know what I mean.

We fully plan to take the next step BACCH4MAC Audiophile, but as we said before we have to cool it for a bit.

Good Luck,
Steve

1 Like

Thanks Steve - my misunderstanding. Looking forward to @Vmax’s Impressions on the Audiophile version.

2 Likes

Edgar says nearfield is best. I have a large room and I moved my speakers closer to me and toed them in quite a bit as this helps the BACCH-SP XTC processing quite a bit.

So the size if the room may not be critical. Setting up speaker position is completely different with the BACCH processing from normal setup rules.

5 Likes

Interesting. So no rules is the rule. I like that.

3 Likes

2nr43u

2 Likes

For your room I think you would toe in your speakers and move your chair closer. I think it would be ideal! I’ll bring mine down, we can put tape on the floor around your current speaker locations. Then we’ll let the BACCH-SP tell us what it needs. It’ll be fun!

2 Likes

My assumption would be, your setup would even sound better without the BACCH if positioned like it sounds best with BACCH. So I guess the preconditions that make the BACCH have the most effect are also those which have the most effect for normal Hifi.

Might certainly be wrong for your individual case.

1 Like

We have Goldenear Triton Reference speakers they like to be toed in that way they sound best.

We use the Jim Smiths 83% distance theory blended with the LOTS speaker positioning theory.

Jim Smiths speaker positioning theory:
https://youtu.be/CX9y40bPkGI

Lots:

1 Like

My package arrived. Prepped my system today with new RoomPerfect DSP so I have Focus Positions Ready for multiple Bacch Filters DS MKII never sounded better.

Connected and configured the mac mini to my big screen, USB camera, Banyface FS and ear microphones to the mini. the microphone feeds are lighting up BabyFace All I have to do is swap the Inakustik Referenz USB and ethernet cords from ultraRendu to the Mac Mini. When my call with Edgar starts at 9 PM everything is ready for his touches and Bacch filter creation and 3D music to commence!

10 Likes

You are killing me!!! :star_struck:

2 Likes

We know what the $1K intro version sounds like, and it’s a great bang for the buck sonic improvement, and we are happy as clams at high tide. :sunglasses:

For the additional $4K we would love to know what the Audiophile version’s sonic improvement is over the intro version.

Good luck, and we hope you are amazed by BACCH as much (if not more) than we are.

The Babyface device is an interface for the microphones?

1 Like