These are kind of cool for the heavy power cord users, a little pricey for what it is

These are kind of cool for the heavy power cord users, a little pricey for what it is

1 Like

The big problem with this product is that a vertical orientation isn’t universal.

2 Likes

And the branding is unnecessary. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Continuing my obsession with sockets that actually retain the plug properly, the USA version of the product I’m picking up in the morning does it properly.

Shunyata?

Certainly looks like it. A proper fit if you by their cord. I don’t think all sockets are cylindrical, or that diameter, but better than nothing.

It is. They may well be designed for their cables, but apparently people buy their cables and conditioners as a power system, as I did.

The first power block I ever bought was the Olson Sound Fantastic about 30 years ago and I still have it and they still make it. It cost me £60, it’s now £175, about $220.
https://olson.co.uk/audio-visual/

Olson have been making sockets for medical, education etc. for 60 years, where if the plugs fall out people die rather than the music stops (although in the vernacular they are the same thing). So I’ve always been concerned with mechanical construction and Shunyata are built like a tank.

I also use one of these, which is an even tighter fit. When the stereo moves, it moves with it.

I have more trouble with the IECs pulling out than the male AC plugs. I use hospital grade receptacles from Furutech, and they still need to be pressed in from time to time.

2 Likes

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like