To regenerator or not delimma

Yes, the P15 makes wonders for the sound. At least it did it for me so I’m very happy with my P15.

3 Likes

I’d say the P10 will or should also cut out below or over certain voltages (?). Having said that, the P10 is most certainly way more accommodating of voltage swings than the PPP. In the end, a combination solution of Regenerator fed by (say) a 3Kva online UPS may be the best.

1 Like

Hi Birger,

Congratulations! It is nice to hear your investment in sound quality is paying its dividend.

I heard and read compliments from owners of PSA regenerators small and large, old and new. So, I have no doubt I am doing the right thing. I have no doubt sonic benefits would be more exciting than power protection.

Be safe and enjoy the weekend

1 Like

Hi PLCOMP,

I am confident the p15 would have better tolerance towards voltage fluctuations than the Dectet. I will observe and give feedback. Thanks for suggesting the UPS. For those who happen to need a UPS, should a UPS be placed between mains and the regenerator? Also, did anybody give any feedback around UPS and sound quality?

Have a good weekend.

1 Like

Good morning Serhan…

Indeed looking forward to your impressions with your new P15…

My feeling is that you will be so captivated by the improved sq
that it may be awhile before you are willing to stop enjoying
your rediscovering your music…

Much happy and enjoyable listening…

1 Like

Hello David,

Allow me to compliment your positive and encouraging demeanor. A couple of tubes worth $80 have almost glued me to the listening seat! Now, I worry the P15 would have me rivetted! :grin: Improvements to analogue playback would be thrilling.

1 Like

Yes sir Serhan …you will be riveted indeed…no distraction will
break your attention…

Are you ready ??

Serhan…you are very close to the irrecoverable
slippery slope brought about by the vacuum pull in a tube run by
minty filamints and grids n plates of all delectabe never ending
flavors…

Happy tooooobing!!!

Ooops forgot about the cathode, no cathode well…no music…

1 Like

Serhan has your P15 arrived yet?

Hi David,
P15 should leave Boulder early October. I have ordered the 230V version, and the distributor ran out of stock.
Have a good weekend.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing

If you ever asked for patience…

But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

1 Like

Absolutely!!!

I’ve been using my p10 for a month now and the results are fantastic, no background noise absolutely silent but for the music.

I have 2 tube mono amps, an ss subwoofer amplifier, a tube preamplifier, tube phonostage also turntable and streamer connected.

I’ve also upgraded all the power cords including the cord to the p10.

I’m ecstatic with the results.

Mike

2 Likes

Now try some different fuses!

:money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Glad you’re enjoying it Zard! With all of the tubes in the system, sounds like it’s a pretty hefty load on it. Shouldn’t be a problem for that beast of a regenerator.

Bee a good boy and beehave yoself…corrupter of
good morals you :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Guilty. I consider them part of the system and purchase price

1 Like

A worthwhile purchase price…for part of the system :laughing:

We’ll let you go this time :grinning: