Top SACDs

That one had been pre-ordered for so long that I forgot I’d already ordered it once and did it again. Now I have an unopened second copy. The common ownership of Music Direct and Mo-Fi, and their duplicative email marketing didn’t help matters, though I’ll admit that common connection was convenient when I discovered I’d done the same thing with Desperado. One call was all it took to cancel the double order on that one.

I know, I’m getting old.

2 Likes

I think this sounds spectacular.

7 Likes

one I sponsored last year, its got good musical sounds Base 2 music - Organ and classical music recordings

Tidal has it as 352khz MQA. Tested it on my headphone setup with Matrix streamer that does the full unfold. Superb!

I have the 256 DSD file. It sounds very good!

There are so many vinyl releases I dearly wish would also come out SACD or DSF download.

There SO MANY great SACD’s mastered at the height of SACD launch we can no longer acquire. The secondary market has nose bleed pricing for some of these releases.

Here’s a disc likely never seeing the light of day ever again:

Super Session by Kooper, Stills, Bloomfield is a fantastic example.

There’s so much content already transferred and mastered that could be re-released but isn’t. :7(

4 Likes

I recall buying that LP when I was in college in the '70s.

3 Likes

When I put my SACDs up for sale I found that a niche market remains for them that is willing to pay a premium price. :wink:

I sold some SACDs years ago at okay prices that I wish I hadn’t. SACDs sound best in my system.

I moved on from SACDs as they duplicated what I have, and I may reconsider High Definition downloads in lieu of SACDs for those items I do not have on LP. That and my SACD player was a dud, but that is a different story. In earnest I had hoped the pursuit of SACD would work for me, but it just wasn’t in the cards. I had to make too many accommodations for it to be a long term option. Glad you like SACD, as they say different strokes…

I had considered an Esoteric player, K-07/05XS or K-03XD. The first two have been discontinued as the DAC chip is unavailable due to the Renesas Factory fire. Esoteric sourced the Asahi Kasei AK4493 32 bit DAC Chip from Renesas.

3 Likes

Yeah different strokes as I don’t do files, not something I find interesting at all to pursue, I tried a few times.

I’ve been listening to SACDs for about 20 years. I’ve had a number of SACD or universal players but the best one I’ve had is the one you unfortunately got as a dud.

2 Likes

What’s the “Previous” button do?

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

2 Likes

I did not buy it so I can only venture a guess, Previous Track? I dunno…
I have a Sony SACD somewhere around here in a box, which says a lot about my interest in SACD in general. Not knocking SACD per se, just decided it wasn’t for me.

Completely with you. I don’t read e-books either.

1 Like

Plus one on the eBooks. Machete don’t eRead.

5 Likes

Exactimundo.

I assumed it was a button on the webpage to return to a previous photo. If it really is a button on the machine itself, my joke is pointless. Which means it would join any number of other jokes of mine.

2 Likes

I dunno :wink:

Have you considered ripping SACDs for which there is no available DSD download? I recently picked up an old Sony BD player for the sole purpose of ripping SACDs to .dsf files. Like you, all my music is stored digitally. Now I also have the option to buy SACDs and store them digitally.