Turntable lamps

What do you guys use?

A small torch if I need it. I don’t like those kind of bedside lamps around the vinyl rig all the time.

Fremer recently mentioned one which many bought…but still not for me.

IKEA-Harte

I use these to good effect, picked up a handful at IKEA for $16 each.

3 Likes

Is this the one Fremer mentioned?

https://www.amazon.com/Reliable-UberLight-Flex-4100TL-Light/dp/B09CQJDD3F/ref=pd_day0fbt_img_1/141-4280877-7705208?pd_rd_w=2PaLA&pf_rd_p=bcb8482a-3db5-4b0b-9f15-b86e24acdb00&pf_rd_r=S68TX9QEH38EMR99WRZ2&pd_rd_r=9ea97584-2ab9-4043-9d7d-b00880fe8927&pd_rd_wg=9QqWl&pd_rd_i=B08TCK41YJ&th=1

Is that USB powered?

Yes.

1 Like

Of course, all vinyl setups have USB readily available.

1 Like

That’s probably not so wrong unfortunately for many newer incarnations with phonostages and digitizer cirquits on board :wink:

2 Likes

No, there is no USB power provision. You may wish to do additional research at IKEA
Harte

2 Likes

true, but most folks have spare usb chargers around - i try and use apple ones (i have a few gathered over the years when each device came with one), so it can save in cost and allow reusing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry, I was being silly. I enjoyed the idea an analog aficionado would naturally have USB outlets readily handy.

4 Likes

It works best with an AQ Dragon USB cable wrapped in ultra absorber mats with a mobius twist, and a cherry on top.

4 Likes

I know, always worth reminding folks to reuse though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have had a few different lights over the years and this is the best one by far.

My personal Favorite. Has a USB charger port in the base which comes in handy.
Built like a tank, reliable, multiple color temperatures. Awesome.

5 Likes

We have several Uberlight Flex. We bought one, and really liked it, so we purchased two more. My wife is using one now at her watercolor table as I right this.

3 Likes

Great hobby :+1:t2:

1 Like

I always worry about noise from those little USB chargers near hifi. Now that you use them, I am encouraged to have a shot at them.

The apple ones seem pretty quiet…

1 Like

I have one and it’s excellent. I bought two more and they will be Christmas gifts.

1 Like