Used P10 or New P12/P15 or just a good UPS for protection

Just spent my last dollars on new amps. Now I’m thinking I need to protect all of this from the power drop outs we get every winter. In the past I solve this with a small UPS. When the things start going off and on, I have enough time to walk over and turn everything off.

I don’t think I’m hunting audio quality increases, although I’d take it if I can get it. More focused on protection of the equipment from these sudden restarts. Also don’t want to degrade what I have, and really sensitive to spending money I don’t have

I’ll have DirectStream->BHK Pre and pair of 300 mono’s, not much else on this circuit

Considering a SurgeX UPS or the like, 2 year old used P10, or a newer P12/P15.

Understood but be careful. The SurgeX in my experience robs the system of color and harmonious. So while I understand you don’t want to improve the sound quality you certainly should think more towards a used P10 since it will not only protect your investment but, like it or not, it’ll also give you better sound. A lot better sound.

Paul, Thanks for the response. Doing harm to the sound is clearly not acceptable.

From what I’m reading you feel the P10 is going to protect the electronics and tubes when these events occur. I assume the P10 will just shut down during brief power outages and the BHK’s will be fine with that. If so, it does sound like that right direction to go. Plus I’ll take the better sound if its offered

All the power issues and value of “upgraded” power cables is a mental black hole for me. Yet, I really respect PS Audio and the products. Perhaps starting with the regenerator and going from there is a start

Exactly. You don’t need all the fancy cables and other confusing items but do ay attention to power quality at a minimum. A P10 will absolutely protect your system and the BHKs were designed on it and benefit greatly. It will just shut off and then restart when it feels everything;’s safe again.

Well went all in and a P15 will be here in about a month. ( dealer didn’t have silver in stock)

Till then starting to scheme on dropping in a 10 gage dedicated line and staring blankly into the black hole of power cords.

Ha!! That’s the way to do it. I have a sneaking suspicion you are going to be very happy with that decision.

I have not had my p10 for so long. I can only recommend it and for young people mean start buying a fat power device from startup and a fat DAC, then run it.