WA quantum chip and P10

To their credit, they offer a 30-day guarantee.

I know it sounds crazy but he is saying he hears it. Maybe there is something to,it. . I tried fuses and honestly I heard no change . But interconnects yes , USB cable yes but not so much with the offramp .

So maybe .

Al

The marketing dept is running the show it seems, what with the buzz words of quantum, bio-energetic, etc.

And there doesn’t seem to be a parent company that is on the internet to verify any further background info.

I can’t even find references to the bio energetic claim that ties in either.

But as a secondary level of tweak they do seem to make a difference, but mostly only if the primary levels of improvements have already been made.

And as an experiment, the fuse chips at $7.50 or $9.00 is easy on the budget regardless, especially with the 30 day refund offer (as long as they remain intact).

As for what and how etc. I have no clue, except for the net effects they produce.

And that they make a difference when one of the ‘power chips’ is placed in the breaker box back panel, just adds even more head scratching to all of this.

I’m still slowly playing with adding chips here and there and allowing them to settle in, which takes a while in my system.

But thus far they do seem to enhance the inner details and resolution in ways I use to describe as jitter reduction.

JJ :-??

wijnand

I finally got a look at your pictures on my PC, on my tablet they were too small. When I looked at them on the pc they are still too small, I can’t really make anything out. I’d like to see exactly where you put the cable chip on the P10 power inlet.

sheridd2

@Sheridd2

Can you PM me your email adress than I will send you the pictures.

johnjen said: And as an experiment, the fuse chips at $7.50 or $9.00 is easy on the budget regardless, especially with the 30 day refund offer (as long as they remain intact).

I think this is how they make money ;)
johnjen said: But thus far they do seem to enhance the inner details and resolution in ways I use to describe as jitter reduction.

There have been similar other positive reports.

This is all that matters. If your perceived benefit is worth the cost, it is a worthwhile product - even if it is placebo. Placebos are real too. :)

Besides, the explanation is no sillier than May and Peter Belt's claim their products react with evolutionarily placed human triggers, allowing one to "sign off on the environment as safe," thereby causing one to experience higher fidelity sound.
Besides, the explanation is no sillier than May and Peter Belt's claim their products react with evolutionarily placed human triggers, allowing one to "sign off on the environment as safe," thereby causing one to experience higher fidelity sound.

:))

It’s nuts, it is wholly unsupported by facts, but it is their explanation. I have had some delightful discussions with May Belt regarding their theories. She is bright, charming and . . . er . . . creative.

So like ps audio. I had to say that .

Al

Elk, I had not heard of them before. Their website: www.pwbelectronics.co.uk

Attached is a photo of their "quantum clip"

Art Dudley interview of May:  http://www.stereophile.com/how-is-ted-coding-the-fpgaent/listening-112

Not having tried any of their products I express no opinions on whether they work.
Attached files

Yeah man! Using that clip properly can definitely improve the musical experience. :smiley:

J.P.

Here’s the company’s explanation of how the clip works, a good illustration of what Elk was talking about. Oh, and the Quantum Clip is a steal at £500 (special tweezers included). I’m not making this up.

http://www.pwbelectronics.co.uk/product/quantum/quantum.html

Man, that crap is so deep that hip waders are not nearly enough to wade through it! #-o If you have that kind of money to throw away you would be better off burning it for the light and heat.

J.P.

Not even Einstein understood everything, but he could accept that. :slight_smile:

May Belt, sorry to say, appears to me as no more than just another New Age Fruitcake.

Many, many years ago (when I was still relatively gullible) I wrote them and they actually very kindly mailed me lots of “literature” (proving just how “creative” May can be); as well as a few samples.

I went through a period of trying this out:- One of the corners of your carpet has to be bent over (just the corner tip), and a paperclip (or similar) used to keep it it in that position. Likewise with all the curtains in the room.

All the books in your house, had to have a piece of loose paper in.

The above is a few of the more whacky ones I recall.

One thing is decidedly true:- There’s a LOT of money to be made from superstition.

paulsquirrel said: One thing is decidedly true:- There's a LOT of money to be made from superstition.

Yeah, two things make people lose mind: nationalities and religion...

I think it is superstition too! The chips. So I will call all the 20 people or more that said wow!!..? and looked funny when they said that, while I gave the demonstration. I will tell them it was only superstition…

There’s only one problem because I’m not so sure that they are going to believe me this time. :smiley:

May Belt, sorry to say, appears to me as no more than just another New Age Fruitcake.

Same with my girlfriend.
She claims she invented the echo.
I told her 'just listen to yourselves'

To his credit, Peter Belt did design some nice headphones years back. The Belts are additionally disarmingly earnest and delightful people. They would be a hoot as neighbors.

The Belts will kindly send you free samples of their products. A surprisingly large number (at least it surprises me) find they work. I tried the samples, as well as a number of their free tweaks, to no effect.

My hypothesis: I am so comfortable in the world that I have already signed off on my environment as safe. Thus my Wa simply cannot be improved by Belt products, quantum manipulators or meditation.

They have a point to they extent they preach listener comfort - however defined - as having an impact on our appreciation of sound. A comfy chair, nice environment, pleasant temperature all make us enjoy music, food, etc., more.

Which is why I like performing in jazz clubs - I sound much better and my solos are vastly more incisive if you have been drinking.