WA quantum chip and P10

Which is why I like performing in jazz clubs - I sound much better and my solos are vastly more incisive if *you* have been drinking.

Me too but rather because I need to 'dig' the music without being strapped to a chair in a library surrounding.

Indeed, this too. And colleagues that respond musically in real time to what you are doing.

I adore playing in small groups, live, be it classical, jazz, whatever. There is nothing like it.

frode said: Same with my girlfriend

Heh heh Frode .... I bet she doesn't read this forum :)
Elk said: The Belts are additionally disarmingly earnest and delightful people. They would be a hoot as neighbors.

Oi, Elk ... I don't know ... Storm also would've been a *hoot* as a neighbor ... :) don't you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtYkyB35zkk

:slight_smile:

Today I visited an audio friend with a very large system and met a nice friend of his also an audiophile.

The system was very impressive and capable to unveil even the slightest details in music brought with a big and solid soundstage.

For fun I brought some quantum chips and they both were not sceptical at all. They just didn’t believe in them. :slight_smile:

Well it turned out that the big system was easely influenced in a good way and not subtil by a single cable chip on the main powercable feeding the pre and the poweramps. The speakerchips were also clear audible, but it was more difficult to find the best spot on the big speakers for the best result.

All I can say is they are still not sceptical about the chips. They now believe they work and they both are going to experiment some more.

Currently I’m experimenting with my main breaker panel.

And thus far the 2 chips I used have added another degree of depth and cohesion & coherence.

Not HUGE changes with this last experiment but noticeable and helpful.

My next experiment will be to add cable chips to the 2 main power lines that feed the breaker panel.

And the experiment after that one, will be to add chips to the xfmrs inside the amp.

I’m glad this is only a hobby… X_X

JJ

I was the host of Wijnands last experiment and I can tell you that Wijnand reported correctly.

The most impressive result happened when Wijnand by mistake taped one chip on the right edge of the midrange system of the right speaker and the other chip also on the right edge of the midrange system of the left speaker. The result was, that the sweet spot turned from the center at least 20-30cm to the right side. Once he changed the position of the chip on the left speaker to the left side, so both chips were on the outside of “their” midranges, the sweet spot was back in the middle between the speakers.

My friend who attended the experiment decided to take one chip for the power line and a pair for the speakers to try these at his home. He runs a set up with the PWD MKII, directly into Souvereign “Reality” and “First”, feeding an Infinity IRS Beta system. The Betas are “as new”, since the former product manager of Infinity in Germany made a complete revision on these.

My friend reported back, that the chip (he started with the chip for the power line) worked at least as well as in my system. He turned from a “non-believer” to an “astonished user”.

I would never say that these chips are a must in every set up. But I recommend to try at home what they can do for everyone´s system.

Ah, yes, more believers. Our small but noticeable group of chip lovers is expanding. Nice to see.

johnjen, try 4 chips in the breaker panel - 2 power chips and 2 cable chips at the corners of your breakers, one power chip and one cable chip on the top left/right and the same at the bottom only reversed and let us know what you find out. In mine, that provided the biggest improvement. As with all things, everyone’s mileage will vary depending on multitudes of different factors.

furthering that, attaching 2 Shakti EMR stabalizer stones facing inward on the panel door upper middle and lower middle added an icing on the cake.

I only have the one power chip but I did get the 5 pack of cable chips, so for now I figure to add 1 cable chip to each of the incoming AC bus lines, using ty-raps (easily removable) to see what happens.

And I only have a 6mm fuse chip on the breaker itself, besides the 1 power chip dead center just above the 2 main breakers.

It seems, at least at this point, that adding chips to ‘live wires’ makes more difference, but this could be all wrong…

Which it seems to me would be a useful thing to know.

But right now the sound is heading into spooky and scary with 452hrs on these chips in the breaker panel and 908hrs. on the fuse chips…

And as an added bit of intrigue, I’ve also added a shunyata Venom Defender, up stream of my power feed to my audio system.

I have yet to pull it out and try different locations, but it can absorb a huge amount of short duration high voltage, high frequency, electrical energy and not let all of that precious smoke out… :smiley:

JJ

So I added the cable chips to the ac mains, before the main breakers.

Uh, er, this is as big an improvement as the fuse chips, perhaps even more so…

It’s only been 1/2 hour and already the inner detail and resolution has taken a BIG mother may I step up, along with a significant increase in the power of the bass’s initial leading edge impact.

I need to let these settle in a whole bunch more but the cumulative effects of these chips seems to be truly stupendous.

More later…

EDIT: I also added a cable chip to the neutral line as well. It also has beneficial effects.

JJ

JJ Can I call you tomorrow? time?

Anytime after 12 would be fine. :thumb

You still have the number?

JJ

Got it.

Ok so after ≈30 hrs, about where I’d expect that the sound would be turning to mush, it isn’t.

2 things seem evident.

#1 these chips work better on active/live wires (cables, fuses, etc.) rather than ‘passive’ components (e.g. breaker box).

That isn’t to say that adding chips to the breaker box isn’t effective, but that ‘chipping’ live wires seem more effective.

This also raises the question of the duplex receptacle. Is it a passive or active device?

#2 the cumulative effect may be kicking in, where as the number of choke points that still need to be ‘cleaned up’ is diminished, the amount of improvement any chip makes may be ‘amplified’ in its effect.

I’m not sure how to test for this ‘amplification’ factor, other than remove each chip (or set of chips) AFTER they all are in place and settled in. It would entail yanking each chip(set), one at a time and document what the impact each chip(set) had in terms of net change…

That all sounds like a HUGE bunch of work.

But if this trend of settling in more quickly continues as the number of choke points is reduced, that would be a most welcome secondary effect for sure.

JJ

ps. I also measured the thickness of the ‘bio-energetic’ material in the cable chips.

You can easily see where the strip of material has been laid down and it measures as ≈ 0.001" thick x 1/2" wide x 1-1/8" long

How is a breaker not active?

Good question, and one that it seems to me involves splitting hairs, which points that my description of active/passive may not be the ‘best’ choice in the first place.

But the fuse chips are right on the metal of the fuse itself, where volts and current exist.

The same for the main feeder lines, well except it’s on the insulation of the lines, but they are in very close proximity none the less.

The breaker panel is not an active component, while the circuit breaker certainly is.

I suppose I think of the circuit breaker as being complex (it has a coil and is housed in bakelite so close proximity to where the volts and current are is not happen’n.

And currently all I have on the circuit breaker is a 6mm fuse chip so I’m not really sure how much of a total contribution it actually is making.

But the contribution that having the chips on the main buss feeder lines is enormous in comparison to the ‘passive’ breaker box/circuit breaker combo. At least thus far.

So much so that I’ve written up an ‘explanation’ of sorts, or at least an idea to ponder, that I’ll be posting later.

JJ

And for my latest ‘tricks’…

I added cable chips to the romex feed on my dedicated line for the audio system.

It took a really long time to fully settle in, like 700+hrs

Next I added transformer chips to the 2 xformers in my my Schiit Mojo amp…

This had a similar effect as adding the cable chips to the ac mains.

Immediate, obvious, across the board improvement, everywhere.

With similar behavior to the ac mains, i.e. much less degradation during the non-peak times with a much more narrow range of bad effects to good effects. All the while the overall level of SQ keeps going higher and higher.

I’m not sure where else I’m going to apply more chips next, if at all.

JJ

Hadn’t heard of these before someone linked the chips from the comments section of Paul’s post for the day. Question: What is the difference in all these location-oriented chips; i.e., to what degree are they interchangeable?