We also love hi-end watches

The letters probably were.
My son repairs vintage mechanical watches. He’ll get to it soon. It works but it’s far from accurate.

1 Like

This was my father’s IWC Pocket watch. Made in 1929 and survived WW2. I had it refurbished and a new Onyx stone placed in the fob. This started my love of mechanical watches.

1 Like

How beautiful. A watch and an object of art.

Ditto. That is a gorgeous piece…

I too began with Tag (2 carreras). Then became an Omega guy. The original moonwatch (manual winding has something to it - you really have to take care of the watch), then the dark side of the moon (still one the most beautiful in my opinion). Then I landed onto Hublot. I know, they can be over the top. But couldn’t resist to this skeleton model.

2 Likes

That’s brilliant!

Same here. Stared with tag as “high end”. They do make some nice stuff (got my daughter one for Xmas) but I noticed they tank on the secondary market. Became an Omega guy and had quite a few PO’s. The DSOM was a dream, kinda over the top $ wise for me. Similar pain on secondary market as well however and Omega sure has a penchant for “limited editions”. I moved away from Omega. Always enjoyed Hublot and a skeleton design. Never owned either. Also been intrigued by Perrelet Turbine- not sure why, just like the concept. Nice watch…!

Beautiful pieces shown here. I have a stainless Submariner for daily wear. I’ve had it 17 years and it’s still going strong. I also have a Cartier Roadster plus a REC 901. The REC watches are interesting. The 901 series are made from recycled 911 parts. They put the VIN plate on the case and provide the history of the car from which it was made. They have Miyota 9100 movements and work quite well for a gimmick watch. I’ve owned many Porsches over the years so it appealed to me at that level. The best watch in the house belongs to my lovely wife. Here it is:

http://content.luxurybazaar.com/images/items/Patek_Philippe_Aquanaut_Luce_5067A_1.jpg

Beautiful.!

Once I began wearing the Omegas, the Tags just felt big, heavy and clumsy. Nonetheless, their designing always has had an appeal for me. I am holding myself (almost literally) for getting this one…

unnamed%20(1)

1 Like

yep. that black Monaco above on post # 27 is awesome. but if I drop coin like that, I would be considering a few other manufacturers in all fairness. That Heuer is nice.

For the mechanically & technically inclined looking for a new vocation, this is across the river from me , in Amish country.

Lititz Watch Technicum, sponsored by Rolex. ( search it )

1 Like

The above also talks to tighter grips on the supply chain. Which I just experienced first hand with many ADs out of stock.

For the year through June, retail sales of watches priced $10,000 and up rose 16%, Brack said. In the $5,000 to $10,000 price segment, they increased 14%. “These two segments represent over 45% of the dollar share of the U.S. watch market,” Brack said.

Rolex and Patek Philippe together now hold a 70% share of the U.S. market for watches priced $10,000 and up, according to NPD.

So is mine worth $14M?

Some of mine:

Inatei%20RG%20Offshore

1 Like

Mechanical watches are impressively crafted toys. They are kind of beautiful in a way, both in form and function, but man are they SILLY little devices.

Quartz movement is in every way superior and cheaper. If i’m gonna have a piece of wrist jewelry (which I haven’t had in years), it’s gonna be a nice-looking quartz watch.

I’m so gonna get flamed for that. :smiley:

1 Like

:fire: Here you go.

You’ll never get flamed for wearing these Quartz watches :point_up_2: :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can’t go wrong with a Speedy. That thing is as classic as a Rolex Submariner.

1 Like