What are you listening to/watching on YouTube?

You become aware w
I play with the A500 and A700 …hen they play music…

1 Like

Took less than 10 seconds to give me chills.

3 Likes

Always a wonderful piece.

For those who do not know the history of the piece, it is worth a quick read: click.

Thanks for this Elk. Consider me one of the clueless as I just stumbled upon it and was entranced immediately.

It is a wonderful composition. The mystery and history makes it even more delicious.

1 Like

A modern choral piece continuing the tradition. Ubi Caritas by Ola Gjeilo, a young Norwegian composer.

And an emotional performance by the Grimethorpe Colliery Band ​, Nimrod from ​​Elgar’s Enigma Variations​. Considered the finest English brass band, rightly so. While it takes a bit to grow accustomed to the vibrato style of the Eb cornet, I have learned to enjoy it a great deal. Very distinctive sound only the English can produce. Such power, control, expression. I miss playing in a brass band as a result of the virus. :frowning:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1veBT1bXX0
A history of Radio in the 78rpm era from a British perspective. Part of the incredible Gresham college lecture series.

1 Like

Stunning visually and musically!

1 Like
1 Like

Du hast mich …Du hast mich …

I lost it when Wild Cherry started singing: “Du hast mich gefragt”
Get funky ,h yea

2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Happy Birthday 🎂 Jean-Luc Ponty (born 29 September 1942)

2 Likes

Really interesting. No idea how Bernstein and Carreras allowed the tense moments to be in the final version.

i know him from some early zappa - hot rats and (i think) burnt weeny sandwich):slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man, they were something in their prime.

2 Likes
1 Like

When no one shows up for Band Practice …

3 Likes