What Are You Spinning Right Now? (Mk. 2)

That’s not an original album cover though, but a very recent gray market cd release substitute cover.

The original:

1 Like

3 Likes

Interesting. Not surprised you know. Love the new cover anyway!

It’s nice. The gray market label used it because though the music is outside of copyright in Europe, the photograph likely is not.

1 Like

3 Likes

QoBuz 96/24 assuming from the SACD 3 channel (on my Amazon shopping list)

2 Likes

While I’m more of a Tommy person. Quadrophenia is still a great album that took me many many many listens before I could get pasts “the hits”. Seen the '89 Tommy tour (too many people on stage IMHO), and Quadrophenia twice (2nd time with my Son who just wanted to see Zach Starkey on the Drums). Always emotional when they play Bell Boy live with Moon’s Vocal’s overtop The Who playing live. But it was A LOT for my kid to sit through who really wanted to see “the Hits” which they rifled through the one hour encore. Still, it’s great to see them live.

4 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like

Qobuz. 16/44.1. I have had the Goebel Musica Antiqua Koln Wassermusik album for many years, and have enjoyed it greatly. I thought to try listening to an alternative version. I felt it was pleasant, but not quite as incisive as the one I knew., which seems to be something of a standard. The real problem was finding a picture of it to post. The Qobuz PC app yields one, but for technical reasons I could not save that. Below is the best I could manage,

wassemusik_mendoze

5 Likes

“Blue and Sentimental,” Ike Quebec Japanese RVG lp facsimile Blue Note cd. Man this sounds great! I hadn’t heard the album in a while, and it deserves the fine reputation it has.

I am really growing fond of these Japanese RVGs as my system really likes them these days, and I’ve been lucky to get about a dozen this year for good prices. A few have covers beat up a bit but I don’t care. The sound is what I’m after. Looking for more. . . I have exactly 40 in the LP facsimile fashion right now, a few more later reissues in jewel case.

11 Likes

folder

1 Like

I bought this reissue album secondhand at a record fare last Sunday for only 6 bucks… 180g. In perfect condition. Mostly indie and rock being sold. I bought a few other albums but this one was the best on the day!

12 Likes