What Are You Spinning Right Now? (Mk. 2)

Yep, his first with FM. He carried FM after Green left. Loved Kiln House, the last FM album that interested me. Better to go backwards from Then Play On.

Thanks !
I never cared for the sugary pop that came after Kiln House.

1 Like

Concur. It’s really weird that the namesakes of the band were the only carryovers after all those years.

1 Like

Well, they went for the do-re-mi and lots ofcocaine.

1 Like

Thread has BLOWN UP! Still love this record. A modern recording that just sounds right: a pretty rare thing.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Came out when I was in High School and sat right next to my Beatles records on my favorites pile.

2 Likes

Track: Five Man Army

The album is the first masterpiece of trip hop, before anyone had coined the genre. 1991. Word.

Groove, Dub, Dance…

8 Likes

Ridiculously great record. Changed my mind about electronic music…or whatever you called it.

1 Like

6 Likes

An all time Rhino Records favorite…Ballero.

4 Likes

1 Like

Listening to this again. Actually, watching it. I bought the DVD (first DVD purchase I’ve made in a long time). Great concept and great performance.

https://www.euroarts.com/sites/default/files/styles/disk_cover_1000_/public/media_product/880242648884_Morricone_DVD_cover.jpg?itok=XSwQW8U4

Try this one, about 10 years later…

6 Likes

@bootzilla Good choice. I listened to it the other night.

1 Like

@amsco15 Also a keeper. Nice.

From the NOLA Andrews family in a great Frenchman Street club.

1 Like

REALLY good music.

2 Likes

Yes, amazing!

I’ve posted this thought before, I really think Donny’s version of “What’s Going On” might be better…blasphemy

1 Like