What works with Bridge II

At some point, the plan was that Bridge II would work with whatever server/how-is-ted-coding-the-fpgaroller you wished to use. Is this still the case?

Pretty much. Beta testers have used JRiver, minimserver, foobar2000 and probably other servers with JRemovte, BubbleUpnP, McConnect, etc.

Bridge II is a UPnP/DLNA device, so any software that supports the standard should (famous last words) work with it. As Steve said, the usual suspects have worked for beta testers.

The only one I have had issues with is Linn Kinsky(which is being phased out in favour of Linn Kazoo,which works well)

Dennis

I think that means no Logitech Media Server.

mikedc said I think that means no Logitech Media Server.
Ha! I've been asking for LMS since the introduction of the Bridge I five years or something ago, but the answer was always "no". 4_gif

mikedc said

At some point, the plan was that Bridge II would work with whatever server/how-is-ted-coding-the-fpgaroller you wished to use. Is this still the case?

I think you confuse the internal Bridge II with the not existing yet external Bridge, that should run MPD, that supports almost everything.

A long time ago I experimented briefly with LMS. I found out that there is a way to get it to act as a UPnP server -- there's a setting buried deep in Preferences or an extra component to install (maybe the latter). This of course assumes you have LMS on a computer or NAS. I was able to stream to the Bridge, IIRC. But it's been a very long time. Maybe someone else here knows how to do this.

Alekz said Ha! I've been asking for LMS since the introduction of the Bridge I five years or something ago, but the answer was always "no".
As you know, the matter is a good deal more nuanced than this.

But keep banging this drum And beating this dead horse. It probably is good exercise.

magister said

A long time ago I experimented briefly with LMS. I found out that there is a way to get it to act as a UPnP server – there’s a setting buried deep in Preferences or an extra component to install (maybe the latter). This of course assumes you have LMS on a computer or NAS. I was able to stream to the Bridge, IIRC. But it’s been a very long time. Maybe someone else here knows how to do this.

As far as I remember, the UPnP server was never fully implemented in LMS. There is a sort beta/test version, but it does not support lossless.

Is this what we would be speaking of ??

Seems like it should work.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103728-Announce-UPnPBridge-integrate-UPnP-DLNA-players-with-LMS-%28squeeze2upnp%29

I’m still confused. Are there any new features in Bridge II as far as playing music. I have bridge I and I can stream music using UPnP from my cell phone (bubbleUPnp). If I understand right cellphone “plays” the music and “streams” it to PSA Bridge. Is there anything new about this in Bridge II?

Bridge II supports gapless playback, which the original version does not. No changes as far as how you play music.

The cell phone (bubbleUPnP) is the controller, not the player, which is likely built-into your server software. The music does not flow through your phone (you could turn your phone off and the music should keep playing). The phone just tells the server/player what to play. Bridge II also maintains a network connection much more reliably.

I guess it depends of your configuration. I don’t have a separate server program. Just cell phone with BubbleUPnP and Bridge. I disconnected cell phone from wifi and immediately music stopped.

I just wanted to make this clear because Bridge II is advertised that “With Bridge II you aren’t tied to a computer”. To me it means no computer at all.

Interesting. Are you playing the music off the phone then? I was assuming you had your music on a hard drive somewhere.

I believe the reference to not needing a computer at all was to using a NAS. A NAS is also a computer of sorts, but then so is a phone. B II is the same as B I in this regard.