Which Cover Album are You Spinning Right Now?

Caress Me, Aunt Jemima!

Fortunately, this one is on TIDAL and Spotify … more awesomeness!

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Not a cover album, but a cool jazzy cover by Kate Davis and Postmodern Jukebox of “All About that Bass,” the popular Meghan Trainor song from 2014.

1 Like

Bow Thayer’s Choirs of Aether, “The Music of Sun Ra (Live at No Town).” I am streaming this on TIDAL, but it is also available as a “name your price” download on Bandcamp here. If you are into Sun Ra and/or experimental-improvisational jazz generally, this is interesting stuff.

1 Like

92267B71-1856-4D2B-9B21-5C9E75C92320

1 Like

Just cello

1 Like

3 Likes

Conservatoire de Paris plays Pink Floyd’s Atom Heart Mother
(Remastered 96kHz/24bit 1080p HD)

1 Like

1 Like

Just discovered this one … sounds great!

1 Like

Per the AllMusic review:

Commonly regarded as the worst album in Bob Dylan’s catalog, Dylan is a collection of nine outtakes from the Self Portrait album Columbia assembled after the singer briefly jumped ship for David Geffen’s fledgling Asylum Records. Dylan didn’t want the record to be released, and it’s easy to see why – the album is a collection of covers that are poorly performed on purpose. Tackling both contemporary writers (Joni Mitchell’s “Big Yellow Taxi,” Jerry Jeff Walker’s “Mr. Bojangles”), pop songs (“Can’t Help Falling in Love,” “A Fool Such as I”), and traditional numbers (“The Ballad of Ira Hayes,” “Spanish Is the Loving Tongue”), Dylan attempts to sabotage each number, but none of the results is quite so shocking, or funny, as the deconstructions on Self Portrait. While Dylan is indeed a negligible album, it isn’t unlistenable – it has a pleasant pop/rock sheen and Dylan sings in his Nashville Skyline croon. Nevertheless, it adds nothing to his canon, and only die-hard fans with a perverse sense of humor will find the record worth a listen.

A perfect description of his Christmas albums.

Voodoo Child - SQwise so so but as far as i know the heaviest execution

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

folder