Which HDMI cable are you getting for your new PerfectWave SACD Transport?

Yes, that is what I’ve been using with the DMP before the PST arrived. I’ve even tried the Dragon with my Esoteric N03T right before it broke and it made a considerable difference there also. I haven’t had a chance to try the other cables with the PST though, only the Dragon.
I’ve been switching the Dragon between the DMP and PST to compare the two transports.
My second Dragon is on vehicle for delivery according to FedEx so I wouldn’t have to keep pulling this cable in and out. Oh, but then I have to break in the new Dragon also, that’s going to take a while, darn.

Especially with the caliber and price of the cables you guys purchase it may pay to invest a fraction of the cost of a single cable in a cable cooker type device and change weeks of burn-in to days.

Just a thought.

Cable cooker is a good idea, especially when my brother and I are getting new cables all the time. Nice suggestion.

Something I failed to mention is that when I put previously burned-in cables simply from use for years in some cases on a cooker there was still an improvement along the lines of just regular burn-in: more detail, less grain, and a bit more frequency extension at both ends.

The AudioHarma Cable Cooker does not do HDMI cables.
He has been promising for years to come up with an adapter of sorts but nothing to date.

That’s true. During the interim I’d hope but haven’t checked that there may be adapters available on Amazon for example.

Plus, HDMI cables are just one example I think almost just about every other type has been covered.

PS: I’m assuming you weren’t being sarcastic in referring to it as the AudioHarma Cable Cooker because the particular cooker you’re referring to is the audiodharma Cable Cooker. Lower case “a” but more importantly a “d” in front of “harma.”

Everyone is talking about connecting transports to dacs via i2S (HDMI)
That’s why I mentioned the cable cooker does NOT do HDMI cables.
I know it does all the rest because I’ve happily owned one for years.

Your point is well taken. My apology.

Audioquest Dragon is in my opinion a perfect match for DSD /PST. Sounds very very good. I tested Dragon, a burned in version, and it was the best sounding cable I have ever heard in my configuration. I normally use the audioquest diamond but also have used Pink Faun and Valhalla by North Ost, VandenHul and two ps audio HDMI cables. Dragon is the best so far better, voices / mids / and low very musical with space around the voices and instruments and a very good low. So I decided to keep that cable. Maybe because dsd / pst are voiced with audioquest. It is not cheap but I hope i am finished searching the best HDMI cable in my configuration.

Ronald

3 Likes

My second Dragon HDMI cable just arrived. Whoopee!! Now to break in the cable.
I have to do it the old fashion way. I do not have a cable cooker for the job.

4 Likes

You don’t have to look any further. I believe it’s the end game cable for the PS Audio combo. Paul uses the Firebird 48, which is probably just as good.
The Dragon is also very happy with my Esoteric transport, which is why the second cable. I have not experienced a more live and real sound than with this Dragon in the mix.

Would be a good time to compare the Firebird48 to the Dragon48, but probably doubtful that anyone would have both.

If someone who has the Firebird and borrows a Dragon to try for a potential upgrade, then we would have the answer to that question, or if someone is able to borrow both cable to try. The Cable Company use to do that service, but you have to end up buying something though.

Under the AQ 60-day trial this might be possible, but since I used that for my Firebird48 they might not be agreeable.

I’m sure Al does, or will, or can . . .

I don’t want to speak for @aangen but if this is the Al you speak of. I know Al doesn’t do Audioquest or Orange fuses! Lol

1 Like

Al loves spending money to prove us wrong :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Good Morning Ronald,
I would be very interesting in your opinion about the changes and differences between Nordost Valhalla 2 and Audioquest Dragon 48. Currently I’m using Valhalla 2 between PST and DSD Sr. Nordost Heimdal 2 and later Valhalla 2 sound very rich, full-bodied and with very stable musical structure in my Setups. Also with my DMP and DSD Sr. combo before. I’m looking very much forward to hearing from you …

In my configuration vahalla sounds also good but I miss the lower part of the music in bass and drums dragon has more bass and voices sound fuller. Like Johnny Cash with Bird on a wire his voice has more body. The sound is has more body fuller, more realistic. Now it is like Cash is sitting in my room with his guitar. But I think it’s in every configuratuin different. I have Franco Serblin accordo essence loudspeakers, audionet amp mono blocks and pre amplifier PRE G2 also audionet. DSD / PST are voiced with audioquest diamond so it’s a good match, but dragon makes it even better. Better low /mid and high, voices sound superb. Very musical. It’s the best I ever heard in my room but I think it’s for everyone different. Everybody loves it’s own sound build up in years of trying and if you like it buying.

Ronald

1 Like

Thanks, Ronald. More realistic is the most important and exciting property, which makes Sound more concentrated and enjoyable. More realistic means in my Terms, that it is easier to follow the musical Flow and Sense behind the sound. So I should give Audioquest’s Dragon a Chance! By the Way I’m listening with Funk MTX Pre and Neumann KH 420 Active Speakers …