Which HDMI cable are you getting for your new PerfectWave SACD Transport?

I am sure there are many here who would love to hear your comparison of the two; if the “Best of World” can in fact compete with Drangon48.

It is also possible that both are “Best of World”, but they just do not sound the same. :wink:

3 Likes

If they are even close in overall sound quality, the price difference is by far the deal breaker for most of our budgets here in the Ps forum.

I LOVE the name: “Tubulus Concentus”
Sounds like a line from the Gladiatior movie with Russel Crowe !

2 Likes

Sounds exotic and a mouthful, and that name alone is worth a $200 premium, but Dragon and Firebird sounded a lot more expensive. The pictures and the names dazzled my friends at the party without even hearing how they sound.

For a risk of only $769 to possibly get the WORLD’S BEST i2S HDMI cable is a temptation I can’t resist.

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing :+1: your thoughts on it!

I am sure a Tuned Sorbothane Dragon HC power cord mesmerized them. Lol

1 Like

Just add HDMI instead of coffee and remove cup! Lol

1 Like

The resolution I am getting from the Dragon HDMI is so incredible already easily surpassing my former RAL that can this Tubulus thing surpass it? Possible but very unlikely. Interesting. I am still marveling on the sound of the Dragon even now after so much has changed in my system.

2 Likes

LOVE Christmas and Elf !

1 Like

Technically the AQ HDMI cables (Dragon, etc) are very different to the Tubulus Concentus, hence they should sound and perform differently (yet audibly it may be tough to determine for some of us). Tubulus use air tubes (tubulus) for the conductor dielectric (as they do for other products) and they mention concentric conductors (hence Concentus). I’m going to avoid attempting to describe AQ’s dielectric methods but will point out that AQ’s cables are full spec HDMI with all the conductors, whereas Tubulus only install the smaller quantity of conductors required for I2S so the pricing should reflect that difference.
My Concentus cable is out for delivery TODAY. It took 9 calendar days for the order to be built and shipped. In 3 days it has traveled from Netherlands to Belgium, then through London Heathrow Airport during the record breaking heat wave to Calgary, Albert, to my local airport and finally the courier. Not bad…

4 Likes

Build to order is a GOOD thing !!
Please post your impressions once its connected in your system
Tom

I’m using @aangen’s old hockey stick (aka WireWorld Starlight Platinum 7). I think it’s the reason the Avalanche won the Stanley Cup this year. Thanks, Al!

1 Like

Have you had a chance to try the Tubulus Concentus in your system to share some comments on it?

1 Like

I saw advertisement for an optical HDMI 2.1 Wireworld STELLAR!?! cable today (25% off from thecableco)
I wonder if this will work with I2S. Has anyone tried one?

Yes! It has well over 100 hours of break-in time and so far I’m very impressed with the Tubulus Concentus I2S cable (0.5m length) I’ve not had time to do much critical listening and back/forth comparisons with my WW Silver Sphere cable (0.6m). Most of my listening has been fairly loud “at a distance” (one floor above) and the music has more impact, clarity and is simply very enjoyable.
It’s connected between my PST and DS DAC and I would like to know more of the exact technical reasons why this I2S link is so affected by cable differences (not speculation - real data).

2 Likes

I use the Tubulus Concentus between my DMP and DSD Sr. I’ve only compared to an AQ Vodka & Thunderbird, WireWorld Chroma & Silver Sphere, and the PSA cable that shipped with the transport (AC10?).

With the Tubulus I hear much better PRaT, momentum, touch/tone/texture as compared to the above cables. It sounds like many of you use the AQ Dragon…sorry but I’ve not heard it to offer my opinion. Anyway, if the price matches your budget, I encourage you to give the Concentus a try…

4 Likes

Did you ever order and compare the Tubulus cable?

2 Likes

Sorry, have not pulled the trigger yet.