Which HDMI cable are you getting for your new PerfectWave SACD Transport?

I had the the Audioquest Diamond. I replaced it with the Revelation Audio Labs cable which IMO is better than the Diamond. Then I replaced the RAL with the Dragon. I have not heard the the AQ Firebird but I would guess that it’s better than the Diamond also.

1 Like

It would be interesting to order a RAL HDMI and see if it would arrive before the Airlens release. Mine took 3 or 4 months if I remember right.

I just ordered a cable from Brad and got it in a week. A friend the same thing but a day later as he’s in Utah so difference was USPS.

1 Like

I gave my brother a RAL, and I have one on the shelf. Fun.

Glad to hear. Maybe Brad has changed his ways.

1 Like

It’s hit or miss with a one man band. Got mine in a week.
Definitely YMMV.

2 Likes

Aren’t we all brothers? :wink:

2 Likes

Start a lottery for the unused Elf (RAL) in the shelf !!!

1 Like

I ordered a Tubulus Concentus I2S cable a couple of days ago to hopefully replace my Wire World Silver Sphere HDMI cable. Tubulus claim their I2S cables outperform my WW cable and the top level AQ cables. Since their cables are designed specifically for I2S, and do not have the extra unused conductors in a full spec HDMI cable, that’s to me the best approach. I’m not in a position to buy or compare the AQ cables.

May I ask how much $$ for your Tubulus Concentus i2S HDMI cable ?
Thanks,
Tom

Info here:
https://www.highendcableshop.com/product-category/i2s-cables/

THANKS for the link.

I own and LOVE my AudioQuest Dragon 48 72v DBS HDMI cable connecting my Ps Audio SACD Transport to my Holo Audio May KTE Dac.

Tubulus claims their “Concentus” is “Simply the best i2s cable in the world!”
I will find out and at $769 for a 0.75M length, I’ll easily be able to sell my AQ Dragon and money towards some new gear.

Tom

1 Like

That is a claim many make. Marketing hyperbole should be tested I guess. Good luck.

2 Likes

You better try it first before putting in an ad for Dragon. They do offer free audition, which you will need. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here’s the link:

They are a Netherlands company and claim this is the BEST i2S HDMI in the world !!

VERY tempted to spend (maybe waste) the $649

Wow! Who can resist the “Best in the World” cable for that price? If I do not have Dragon48 I might try it too. But I am afraid it may actually sound better than Dragon. :grin:

1 Like

I’m tempted to try this cable. I currently have the AQ Thunderbird, which I think sounds excellent, and was the most I was willing to spend on an HDMI cable.

2 Likes

If you react positively on “best of the world” statements, you have to buy a lot :wink:

4 Likes

I own and LOVE the A.Q. Dragon 48 connecting my Ps SACD Transport and Holo May KTE Dac.
I will still give the “Tubulus Concentus” a try especially when they give you a free trial period.
$769 for a 0.75M length which is the same length as my AQ Dragon.
Tom

2 Likes

Nothing to lose with a free trial period.