Apologies if this issue is covered elsewhere, my quick search didn’t find anything but I woldn’t say it was a forensic search!\
I’ll attempt to summarise my issues below:
- Plugging in an ethernet cable into the Bridge II connection in the back of the DSJnr ROON & my iMac does “see” the DSJ & I can assign it as a zone.
- When I go & play music all I hear is static/white noise…..sometimes I can hear the music in the background but it’s mostly noise.
- I initially put this down to our network & using a “hybrid” connection (Modem > iMac via Netgear extender….iMac (ROON core & library) > DSJ via Ethernet but via wifi extender).
- BUT...I then demo’d the DSJ at a mates who has a PWD with Bridge 1 with no issues but.....
- I had the same issue as I do at home (although it did work for about 10 mins??).
- Other things I noticed yesterday is that an asterix appeared in the top right corner which isn’t there after boot up?
I have also bought x2 optical media converters (suggested these forums as they remove RFI) but I’m yet to successfully install these.
Finally, in terms of Ethernet cables, can I run Cat6 or do they need to be Cat 5?