Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

That would defect the effectiveness of the Samsung. It should feed a streamer or server directly for the most benefit. I can hear the signal is much cleaner from this hard drive than others.

Interesting…

I don’t know if this Samsung is any better than other high quality SSD drives, but my comparisons are to the HHD 3.5’ 7,200 rpm spinning disks. The mechanical drives may be adding noise to the signal, I don’t really know, but I definitely hear a difference.

The only important thing to me is what your brother thinks. :wink:

3 Likes

:flushed::rofl::joy::wink:

1 Like

Al, what step are you at on your 12 step stop tweaking thing? It would be very interesting if you can enlighten us with a comparison between your SSD and NAS before you reach your last step. :rabbit2: :rabbit2: :rabbit2: :grinning: :upside_down_face:

My next upgrade arrives Friday.

I am thinking of requesting a couple extra for bi-wire speaker cable elevators. A little RF absorber and sorbothane and Morphine itravenous pump and all will sound wonderful the first 24 hours of break in.

2 Likes

Amazing tech.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Here’s to a minimal and painless break-in period.

1 Like

Yeah they told me I need a walker to get around well a few weeks. I am thinking should I get red or black perhaps white or blue?

8 Likes

I hope you have the speediest recovery and the best possible outcome.

2 Likes

Thank you. It will give me dome time to just listen to music and enjoy my system and latest improvements.

1 Like

Did not realize you had an injury, and I hope your high-tech walker will ease your pain better.

First, I really thought it was for audio purposes and am thinking you finally pushed it too far to the dark side.

2 Likes

If you just want to get drunk go with Black, and if you want your system sounding better go with Blue.

5 Likes

Good luck with your surgery! Modern medicine is truly science fiction becoming science fact.

1 Like

Hope the best for your health!

2 Likes

Best of luck! Based on my wife’s recent experience, good post-op rehab can be a game changer: physical therapy (PT) for body recovery and occupational therapy (OT) for life-style adjustment/movement.

2 Likes

Music and tweaking are good pain killers. Hope you get well soon @Vmax.

With all this tweaking and upgrading, I didn’t realize how much better some older recordings can sound. I haven’t play it for awhiIe, but I just played Octave Records Audiophile Masters Volume I is shocked by the sound produced from this recording, Wow! This recording is only limited by how good your playback is. This latest HD tweak really did a number on the powerful transients. Time to dig into more of the other recordings on the list.

1 Like

You must be a young kid to call this CD old. I mean, I have been playing some from 20 years+ older. :joy:

1 Like

It must be I’m so old and my memory is so short, anything past yesterday seems old to me. :rofl:

1 Like