Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

How come you get out of it? :wink:

1 Like

Now polished!

20 Likes

That sure is pretty!

2 Likes

The good news, for me, is that my new/used 3m Shunyata Omega XC arrived and it’s perfect! Currently I have it in the basement, laying across our guest bed, running a floor mounted oscillating fan. I’ll let it run all week. My tiny sweetheart heard the fan running, while in the basement, and investigated. She’s very worried about me at the moment :slight_smile: .

10 Likes

She’s in good company. :joy:

… That’s assuming the greater “we” is good company.

3 Likes

Christ, that thing is Audrey Hepburn levels of sexy!

3 Likes

In person it has a glow to it that I can’t seem to capture.

2 Likes

If you have a polished metal component, I highly recommend Therapy Stainless Steel Cleaner.

Therapy Stainless Steel Cleaner Kit - Plant-Based, Solvent-Free, Natural Essential Oils - Removes Fingerprints, Water Marks, Residue and Grease from Appliances (Single) https://a.co/d/dZHOiy1

2 Likes

I need to wear my sunglasses to listen to that polished J.R. amp.

1 Like

You are so cool, I assumed you wore shades all the time! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You are a golfer as I remember, so we know how important sunglasses :slightly_smiling_face: are.

I may try a nice pair indoors to see if my system sounds better that way. That will be a new tweak of the week.

1 Like

No golf for me. I see the attraction. I just haven’t had the time to invest in it. I have been thinking about it as a post retirement activity.

Golf is an excellent activity/exercise for a retiree like me. Even with great music all day, I do need to get off chair for some exercise. Otherwise, I will consume way too much alcohol I am afraid. :joy:

1 Like

I’m mid 40’s and love golf, it’s a great great game, even if just for the walks around some of the most beautiful countryside around. I love it.

4 Likes

Hey Al, I know you’re heavily (?) invested in Stealth cables. But are you planning to use Gryphon cables with your new new bits?

1 Like

I have just learned that my new gear is coming tomorrow. So tonight I must dismantle and pack up my “old” gear. Fun. One big guy is coming with it. Fortunately @minnesotafats has offered his manliness to aid. It’s going to be interesting.

12 Likes

Sick. I need that stainless steal cleaner for my Toroidy

music server’s unregulated linear power supply. Upgraded the bypass caps recently from Cornell Dubilier 940C to V-Cap ODAM. It’s wild how much influence a set of bypass caps on a computer’s power supply can have on the entire system.

Also recently added a Baaske MI-1005 right before the server’s ethernet port. Even though I play local files, it gave a nice increase at realism, albeit at the expense of connection speed.

6 Likes

Very exciting…have fun…

SEE

2 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

I managed to set up my new speakers this weekend, alone. I think they’re around 140 lbs each, but I didn’t have to lift them entirely, so I may have been only lifting less than half that weight. (It turns out, some spare Ramboard floor protector material lets you slide heavy boxes quite easily around a house.)

Which is good, because I have a blown disc and really shouldn’t do that stuff. With you, your delivery guy and your seasoned foreman from Minnesota, I expect to hear about your success!

2 Likes