Your Next Upgrade? (Part 2)

Above a basement that is unfinished with the ability to lower the ductwork. The lower floor will also be less bouncy because it would sit directly on the joists the sit on the concrete walls in the basement.

4 Likes

That’s really cool

2 Likes

Good news!

2 Likes

‘sounds’ like a no brainer, those speakers deserve a rock solid foundation

1 Like

Probably my next amp, unless something else pops up on the radar that temps me more.

2 Likes

I’m totally loving my AGD Gran Vivaces with Synergistic Pink Fuses…

2 Likes

I think my AGD “The Audion” (MK III) mono amps are great performers.

FWIW

1 Like

I went with Orchard Ultra dual mono amp, I like it better than the M1200’s I had :slight_smile:

1 Like

How would you describe the differences between the two sonically?

In that video on the AGDs, Steve mentions the Pearl Acoustic speakers - I’m curious if anyone here has heard those. They are lovely little things but I have zero experience with single-driver speakers and am curious if they really can perform as claimed (wide image, timbre, instrument separation, etc)

Latest upgrades have been focused on the house.
New exterior coat of paint, new front door, new garage door.
Retirement projects are never ending!

18 Likes

I just had my house painted last week. It cost more than a 1.5m Stealth Cloude Grande AG. But it was a great team who did excellent work. I intend to pay them more than they ask for.

16 Likes

Very cool looking house.

4 Likes

You sir have a fantastic sense of style.

2 Likes

And no grass to cut!

4 Likes

Today I got new used Synergistic Atmosphere SX Euphoria HC power cables for my AGD Gran Vivace mono amps,two levels above my previous SR AC cables. Very nice improvements across the board…

7 Likes

Kyomi Audio has a brand new, sealed Gryphon Diablo 333 shipping now to the store. It is as yet unspoken for. Don’t expect a free home trial or a discount. But snap it up while you can. Contact me for contact info.

4 Likes

Gave up on the DIY route (USB to channel correct I2S) and found this Matrix USB to I2S box on USA (well Canuck) Audio Mart. The price was right and there is easily a noticeable improvement over going direct in Apple MacMini to USB input DSSr. The price was right.

6 Likes

I don’t blame ya. Here’s my 3 channel version I built a few years ago. With a Tube Preamp, you can’t go wrong.

3 Likes

I thought I had The Sweet Spot for my speakers but this morning I moved them 4 inches further apart, maintaining the same degree of toe-in and distance from the front or back wall or whatever the hell wall that is.
A profound improvement in placement of instruments and the width of the soundstage illusion.
Pretty nice improvement for no money and while my morning coffee cooled enough to drink.
I win. yay

14 Likes