AC12 Powercord and P5

Next week I receive a 2 meter AC12 powercord. Question is where should I connect the AC12 best? I can feed my poweramp with it powered by the P5 or maybe I should use the AC12 to feed the P5? I would like to connect it the best way at once because of the havy equipment and furniture that have to be moved to make the connections. By the way al my other powercords are Oyaide Tunami GPX-Re.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance!

I’d figure that if the AC12 is your best power cord, put it between the wall and P5.

If you’re spending all that money on something don’t just take our word for it, experiment and see what works best for you, even if it means you have to move all the furniture.

@wijnand

Since you have the P5, I would suggest your best “filtering” cord between your digital and the P5.

Digital throws a lot of noise back into the AC so a good cord will help filter in both directions.

Thanks Guys! I think I do need to test the powercord at different positions afterall. I wasn’t aware that powercords had filtering capabilities besides keeping noise in and outside the cord. My first thought was to use the AC12 for powerneeds and create an even stronger bass and more organical thouch.

In my experiences, this is the order of improvement with power cords:

P3

Integrated amp

Cdp/Dac

Of course, YMMV

I think I also order a 2 meter AC10 powercord and start with the configuration as follow. Oyaide tunami GPX-Re from wall to P5. From P5 high current with AC12 to the poweramp and from the P5 with AC10 to the PWD. A second Oyaide from the P5 to the pre-amp. The pictures of the AC12 and 10 look real nice I hope they sound even better :wink:

I think you will be “wowed” by the AC-12. After a few weeks use they are amazing. I almost wish I had never gotten one, as after that I was not satisfied with any other PC, even the AC-10 which is a fine PC. I have all AC-12 in my system now except two AC-10s that I hope to replace with AC-12s in the near future.

@lonson

Oke now I’m full of doubt not knowing what to do :-? But still thanks for your reaction!

On which unit do you use the AC12?

What do others think does the AC12 in all cases make a big improvement over the AC10?

I’m a nut for these power cords, and I’ve bought as many used (but not fake) ones as I have been able to the last three years or so. I have an AC-12 on my PPP, my Sony LCD TV, my DVR, my Blu-ray player, my PWD Mk II, my PWT, my first CSP2+ preamp, my ZP3 phono preamp and my Torii Mk III. On my second CSP2+ preamp and my Denon DCD-100 SACD player I have AC-10 cords. In the future I hope to replace those with AC-12. (I also have AC-12 on the three PW Powerbases I have, so that they feed the components that are connected by AC-12s to them: PWD Mk II and PWT on one, PPP on another, and Torii Mk III on the third.)

Wow!

You are a true, certifiable cordoholic.

I have found to my ears that if put the best ac cord at your Powerplant, the cords to the other connected components do not have to be as good. That being said, I may not have the most acute hearing which ultimately saves me tons of money!

@lonson

Indeed wow! I started counting but I lost track.

I have found to my ears that if put the best ac cord at your Powerplant, the cords to the other connected components do not have to be as good. That being said, I may not have the most acute hearing which ultimately saves me tons of money!
I must try that too!
Did you really save tons or did you spend them anyway :D

I’ve tried that. I wish I could be happy with lesser cables after the PPP. . . but to my ears cords after the Power Plant or PowerBase are just as important. I can hear the changes power cords make very easily perhaps because of the PPP or PowerBase. AC-12s are the best cords I’ve heard, the POOC copper really seems to make a difference. Anyway, I’ve invested a lot in them and am very happy with the resultant sound. I’m as picky with interconnects as well, and digital cables. Cabling make a big difference in my experience.

lonson said: I also have AC-12 on the three PW Powerbases I have, so that they feed the components that are connected by AC-12s to them:

I don't have experience with the AC12s - are they flexible enough that you can use a .5 m to go from a PB to the component on top of it without inducing too much strain on the receptacle or IEC on the component?

I must try that too!
Did you really save tons or did you spend them anyway :D

Good point. I should clarify, I save tons of money that I gleefully spend on other audio toys!

lonson said: I also have AC-12 on the three PW Powerbases I have, so that they feed the components that are connected by AC-12s to them:

I don't have experience with the AC12s - are they flexible enough that you can use a .5 m to go from a PB to the component on top of it without inducing too much strain on the receptacle or IEC on the component?

That depends on the component, and where the receptacle is located. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Well thanks for the advices! I bought two AC12’s and fed the P5 by an Oyaide. AC12 for the poweramp and AC12 for the PWD. Wow the first impression of the AC12’s are better than I heard ever. I think the AC12’s increased the SQ even more than P5 did. :-bd

wijnand said: I think the AC12's increased the SQ even more than P5 did.

Really? This is impressive.