Aesthetix Janus / Calypso

It is the regular (not signature). I am using BHK300 with Kefs, rated at 89db. Currently listening at volume level around 45. Will certainly try the -12db jumpers. Tried the attenuator on Jr, to no help

There are two tubes in each output stage. A 6922 and a 12ax7. Could be the 12ax7?

My unit is a standard unit ( NOS 2005 ) and it came with Sovket tubes all around

I use the -12 DB setting as my speakers are currently 93 DB. I swapped out the Sovket 6922 in the output stage with the OEM 6922 GL from the BHK 300 and life is good. Once unit had burned in Iā€™ll start playing with tubes.

1 Like

12ax7 are a couple of new Mullards. It had teslas installed. I will play around for some more time

RonP, I read you have the Calypso again, and you have a PS Audio BHK preamp. PM me. Let me know what one you like better.

Jury is still out for me, but as hours gainā€¦ Iā€™m leaning a tadā€¦

It happens that I had a noisy gold lion tube. Had to swap it. All of the other noise conditions only got solved with the -12db jumpers. Now, to the music!

Awesome. Iā€™m LOVING my Janus for sure.

I will be posting my black ( Signed ) BHK preamp for sale sometime in June. Extra tubes will be offered with it as well.

What did you like in the Janus over the BHK preamp?

PM me for details.

I popped the BHK back into system this am. There is a difference between the BHK and Janus for sure. The BHK is a larger presence, a tad cleaner, sharper sound. Slightly deeper bass. They are both great preamps. Hard to say what I love better. Gotta try them again once I get my Maggies set up and broken in.

Let Kevinā€™s people repair then dump it.

If you get it back repaired and verify that itā€™s working you are not screwing anybody. Itā€™s probably a simple part failure.

Per Aesthetix, Upscale Audio is not, nor has ever been authorized to repair these units, and that would end any and all warranties if there ever was one. I thinks it all sucks.

Aesthetix doesnā€™t think so

Darren

At this point if Aesthetix says itā€™s not covered by warranty then it is either a refurb or gray market so whether or not Kevin is an authorized repair center doesnā€™t matter you just want it fixed and for free.

How is that good enough? I paid good money for a unit that died in 10 days!!

How is what good enough? Donā€™t you want it fixed and for free?

With what, improper none specs parts? Would you want me opening up your preamp and installing Radio Shack parts? What is wrong with Upscale refunding me my money, then they repair it, and reselling to someone else then?? How is that not an option if they are going to make it right?