AirLens v2.6.2

Bother.

Let us know if recycling solves the issue once again.

Tried that. No joy. But the backup (Aries) is pretty good for now and I’m sure things will eventually get resolved. Thanks for the suggestion.

what does the 2.6.2 update do ?

According to the release notes:

AIRLENS

RELEASE NOTES

Version 2.6.2

Date 11/15/2023

Description

Roll-up of recent fixes.

Main Firmware Fixes

• Added support for spaces to passwords in airlens.cfg file

• Updated built-in FPGA code to 1.4

• Added USB auto mode config

• Added blink codes for CDM 4.3.71 and above

• Added periodic network checks

• Fix for not finding the airlens.cfg configuration file

Streamer Firmware Fixes

The version number below is the number of times the led blinks red when doing a “Check Firmware Version”. See the manual or the document “Firmware Update Instructions.pdf” for instructions on how to get the current version of the Streamer Firmware on your unit.

• v3

o Update Roon RAAT to v1.1.39.

o Addition of uart commands

o Fixed bugs

• v2

o Fixed the problems of WiFi WPS connection

o Fixed bugs

• v1

o Implementation of max sample rate for DSD

o Fixed bugs

1 Like

Update: Took the Airlens over by the FiOS Router and plugged the ethernet into it. Bright green! Also tried the same upstairs with the FiOS Extender and also green. So I will chalk this up to some sort of issue with my Netgear Powerline ethernet setup.

Note: I did try the WPS connect at the router and that has never been successful.

As always, the adventure continues!

1 Like

Did a quick speed check on the Netgear remote. Router is near 1GBPS as expected but the device is 40MBPS. Moved the Netgear remote to another outlet. After the DIP Recycle the AirLens is back online. v2.6.2 seems to appreciate a better ethernet connection.

1 Like

Good news.

In the spirit of “shrugged shoulders and flat forehead” DUH, I went in the basement and grabbed an Airport Express running in bridge mode and hot swapped the AirLens to it. Running Qobuz 192/24 just fine. Why didn’t I do that in the first place? Oh well. Yup, good news.

1 Like

We have all been there. :slight_smile:

My AirLens has been working perfectly until today. I had to power down the system today, when I powered it up I got the amber light flashing continually. I’ve tried everything that’s been done in this thread to no avail. Any ideas?

You can try taking the unit over to your router and connecting it with ethernet. (You don’t have to have it hooked to your system for this.) If it turns green, then you know your internet connection at your system needs to be better. It may take a few minutes for the test.

Router is right next to the system and I’m using ethernet. I’ve tried swapping cables and ports.

Sounds like it is time to call PS Audio Support.

Sorry to hear people are having trouble. I did upgrade using DIP switch 7 per manual with no problem, my Air Lens is attached via ethernet to an Asus Mesh node point which gets its signal via WIFI from my ASUS router.

1 Like

did you notice any changes with the update ?

I had a similar issue when power went down to the AirLens, I tried a factory reset and it worked for me.

To do a factory reset:
• Turn DIP Switch 7 to the DOWN position.
• Power the unit off from the back.
• Power it back on and immediately press the WPS button (within 5 seconds of
powering it on).
• Hold the WPS button for 15 seconds.
• The unit will start the factory reset process. The status LED will rapidly blink
red.
• When complete, the unit will reset with the status LED matching power on
sequence (fast orange and then either solid green if connected to the network or
slow orange if not connected).
• Turn DIP Switch 7 back to the UP position.
• Once complete, it is recommended to power cycle the unit

2 Likes

That got it sorted. Thanks.

3 Likes

None after a couple hours of listening.

1 Like

The Air Lens is used for streaming Roon and Tidal Connect to my Direct Stream I. I have had no connectivity issues following firmware update. I cannot appreciate any sonic difference.
My Roon host is installed on a PC in the basement and I don’t leave Roon running all the time.
My listening room is on the second floor of the house, I use Tidal Connect when I am too lazy to go down and start Roon, as all I need is my phone for Tidal Connect.
Roon is much preferred and always used for extended sessions as I run Qobuz and Tidal through it and can also stream from my NAS with hundreds of CD’s ripped to lossless FLAC and ripped SACD’s to DSF. I also enjoy the increased metadata capability of Roon and the listening suggestions it makes as well as Roon Radio. I use Roon DSP capability to run mild room correction provide by Home Audio Fidelity for loudspeakers and DSP to modify headphone response curves and crossfeed when listening on 'phones.

2 Likes

Just ran this and it was no prob, however, I did have to power-cycle the unit once after the initial reboot. Probably a good idea to add this to the instructions…