AirLens v2.6.2

Understood and totally agree.
I am referring to HOW the Converse software gets updated.
I’m speculating that the omission of the MConnect method of updating Streamer firmware could be deliberate. I mean it’s a possibility, right?

Maybe it is preferred to do the Streamer updates via the AirLens? i.e. DIP 7 OFF + 15secWPS
which is controlled by the AirLens firmware. Maybe it is safer to update the Streamer (Converse) firmware the AirLens way rather than direct to the Converse board from the MConnect app?

After the experience I have just had, I can’t help this nagging feeling that had I updated the Server software from the AirLens itself rather than direct from MConnect, I may not have bricked by unit.
Also - I had previously done a Streamer firmware update the AirLens way and it worked fine.

FWIW, I have updated the Converse software twice via mconnect without incident.

What does concern me a bit (since mconnect is not my go-to server software) is there does not appear to be any communication from PSA when an update is available.

I have decided to check in via mconnect from time to time to see if updates are available.

1 Like

Initial version: 2.6.4 (I had done the mconnect update)

Inserted the USB stick (Samsung 128GB, formatted FAT32 on MacBook) with image.bin

Power cycled as directed and the front logo behaved as indicated. When I got to the Flashing Orange condition, I used the “non responsive” directions - I removed the USB and then power cycled the unit. Viola! Came back Green.

Version check: 2.7.4

Great job, folks!

1 Like

I love it when Viola walks back into the room wearing green!

:wink:

[Sorry, could not resist]

1 Like

Where is that second cup of coffee?! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

1 Like

how do you know you are fully updated?

First, the blue logo returned to solid blue from flashing status. Then after the power cycle I did the version check according to Aaron’s directions in the update file. I got 2 green, then 7 orange and 4 red flashes - 2.7.4
mconnect will allow you to read the AirLens status under device and get the firmware version for the streamer card.

1 Like

No…

Mconnect can update the CDM module. We do not recommend doing it that way. OTA will always be our recommendation.

1 Like

Where did you post 2.7.4 ?

The firmware version should be 2.7.0

The red blinking is the Streamer firmware version

I loaded last nights 2.7.0 but only have 3 reds leds, is that current ?

took a few tries and resets, as always, but working and sounding great now !!! Thanks to all !!!

I had done the mconnect streamer update to v4.3.95 before Aaron’s 2.7.0 main firmware preliminary update. So I had the later streamer version eg “4”. The main firmware update did not change that. It just did “2.6” to “2.7”. Aaron has clarified that all updates should could through the PSA OTA server to prevent the sorts of problems we had.

1 Like

Thks

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification Aaron!

Full airlens update and CDM update now live!