All right, who keeps editing my posts?

I keep getting notices that someone or something has edited my posts. No clue as to who or why. (I do try and make sure things are spelled correctly)

If someone is doing this, can you please give me a clue as to why this is happening?

Thanks.

–SSW

It is I. I was unaware you would receive a notice. I am sorry as I am sure this is annoying and makes one suspicious, if not a bit paranoid.

Fortunately, there is nothing nefarious going on. :slight_smile: I am only deleting unnecessary quotations. Threads are much easier to read without extra redundant repetitive filler stuff embedded in them.

1. If one is responding to the post above, there is no need to quote it; just click on the handy Reply button at the bottom and top of each page.

2. If necessary to quote to put one’s comment in context, please do not quote an entire post to respond to a sentence or two, or a single idea. Instead, quote the post and then delete everything else but what you need.

3. I have edited posts in the past to correct spelling if the poster later is frustrated he cannot fix his own post. Now that everyone can edit their own posts. this is no longer an issue. Yes!

4. I do not delete posts, even if the poster is taking personal shots at another. I prefer to call them out and ask them to clean up after themselves. This has not always worked. :( I may well delete such comments in the future, but this is typically a well-behaved, properly socialized bunch so we should not run into the situation often.

Suggestions, constructive comments and the like gratefully received.

(I see you are victim of the automatic double carriage return. This characteristic of the software drives me slightly batty. I need to remember to hit Enter once for a new paragraph, then type. It is hard not to hit Enter twice.)

Your reloaded avatar looks great!

What Elk said. :slight_smile: I too have to work hard to enter only one carriage return as opposed to the standard two commonly used to start a new paragraph.

J.P.

Shift Enter is different than just Enter. Sometimes that helps.

Yes, shift-enter will let you add a new line within a quote, and advances just one line in a regular reply.

Elk, thanks for doing this. I too am guilty but also a little mystified. You suggest answering specific posts by reply, as I am doing now. Only, the problem is, if I am writing in response to a post buried deep in the thread above, doesn’t hitting just the “reply” button simply add to the end of the post thread without referencing the actual post I am replying to? This is why I quote, so later readers can know what I am referring to.

I do agree we must edit the quotes and thank you for shortening them and keeping the forums tidied up. It helps!

BTW, where is your avatar? angel_gif

Yes, Reply only adds to the bottom of the thread. This is perfect when responding to the last post or if adding to the discussion.

If you need to refer to a specific post, hit Quote. Then the trick is to edit the resulting quote to delete all the stuff you are not replying to. This keeps things tidier.

If you want to respond to multiple posts, click on Quote for the first one, make sure the cursor is in the reply box, and then click on Quote for the next post. Multiple quotes will then appear in the reply box.

This software works a bit different than typical and we are all adjusting to it.

BTW, I am currently listening to 2L’s Mozart: Violin Concertos - Marianne Thorsen, TrondheimSolistene on the DS. Magnificent sound! The violin is particularly gorgeous. Excellent performance, too.

Boy, I hear you about the post edits! Ever since that garden gnome showed up in the front lawn, I’ve had this extremely uncomfortable tingling sensation in my left nostril. Additionally, I’m convinced that certain secret government agencies are monitoring my posts here on this forum and have been editing those posts to make it appear I am a huge ABBA fan. Furthermore, while installing my DirectStream upgrade kit, I found a device in my PerfectWave DAC that I’m certain is a microwave transmitter that was beaming messages in to my dog’s brain and making him bark at leaves in the back yard (as well as the UPS guy). But maybe it was just the old power supply.

-Pb

21_gif

Elk said It is I. *************************************** I am sorry as I am ************ annoying ************************* if not a bit paranoid.

1. If necessary to quote to put one’s comment in context, please do not quote an entire post to respond to a sentence or two, or a single idea. Instead, quote the post and then delete everything else but what you need.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************* Yes!

** I ****** delete posts, even if ************************************************************************************************************************************* ************************************************** this is typically a well-behaved, properly socialized bunch **********************************************

****** you are ********************************************************************************************** slightly batty. **********************************************************************************************************

Your ******** reloaded avatar looks ********** great!

Is this a proper example of #2 above? I like the way that this works!

I’m just trying to help keep Elk employed as an unpaid slave…er, intern to PS Audio. I will continue to give him plenty to edit. :)

Well done!

Both of you.

Now find a hobby to occupy your time. :)

Elk said Now find a hobby to occupy your time. :)