Anyone experiencing FedEx delivery delays

Probably in Congress.

4 Likes

Best part of the FedEx apologizing was that it wasn’t even a real person. It was some bot!

1 Like

USPS who I normally have nothing but praise, seems to be trying to emulate FedEx. This is as of this morning (7/20/2022).

1 Like

Well they always want the public agencies to work like the private sector…

1 Like

FedEx Corp. is suspending Sunday residential delivery in certain U.S. markets starting next month, a move that comes amid pleas from its independent contractors in recent months for more compensation and a moderation in package volumes - WSJ.

2 Likes

Fair pay and rest. What novel concepts.

1 Like

Well Amazon won’t be doing them any long term favors given the competition. Only a matter of time they won’t demand listing items and offer stand alone parcel delivery

Everything I’ve been able to find on the announcement doesn’t really attribute the decision to compensation for contractors. The official announcement makes the point FedEx initiated Sunday delivery to relieve the Covid related backlog. FedEx states demand is dropping and the original reason for adding Sunday service is no longer relevant in some regions, the backlog has eased considerably. It is realigning its operations accordingly and if that means dropping contractors who are no longer needed so be it. Package delivery is super competitive. Efficiency and rock bottom price, which involves realigning the delivery network to adjust to new conditions, is what it takes to remain competitive.

I really don’t have an opinion on this one way or the other. Just passing along info to those who might be affected/interested because FedEx service is all over the map as it is.

The local FedEx delivery person made a stop at the neighbors. He looked a bit under the weather what with the heat and humidity here. Chatted for a moment and gave him a bottled water and a couple of Reeses Peanut Butter cups. Got a big smile in return. He’s a great guy, always done right by FedEx here. I know our cats appreciate him, Chewy deliveries, and all that. :grin:

1 Like

Delivered on the 16th, the very same day the FedEx guy disappeared. Coincidence?
I can just hear Keith Morrison’s voice…and Bill Hader’s imitation of Keith Morrison

1 Like
1 Like

Maybe FedEx likes me? It’s early!

:laughing:

1 Like

Or it likes your pet. :dog2::cat2::rabbit2:

Don’t get excited until your goody actually materializes intact. Been there, done that.

2 Likes

I was going to mention that part but didn’t want to be a buzzkill. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Not my week. FedEx “lost” a case of wine shipped to me in Idaho from Northern CA. Stuck in Oregon City, OR for 4 hot days, then it was listed as damaged and returned to the shipper (a winery). Replacement case was shipped out today, so now it will sit in a truck for the weekend!

And then USPS delivered a packaged of mine to an address in Carrollton TX, some 2000 miles away.
YIKES, I need a drink or 4.

3 Likes

In the past, I’ve had a couple of cases of wine ruined by Fedex as they sat somewhere hot for several days. I now ask wineries if they can ship the wine in the fall. I’ve also had a similar problem in the winter with bottles arriving partially frozen with corks pushed out after spending a week in Montana.

1 Like

Normally wine from Northern Calf, gets here in 2 days, with one night on the road.

Article about FedEx Ground contractors complaining about “inaccurate shipping delivery dates” among other problems:

PDF is here

1 Like