Anyone experiencing FedEx delivery delays

Nothing but bad luck with UPS, from packages being delivered to the wrong address, or getting lost in a parallel universe. And trying to get a hold of them is a nightmare. Fedex on the other hand has been trouble free, with good tracking, and text updates along the way.
Still haven’t been able to receive text updates from UPS.

For whatever reason, our FedEx delivery drivers delivering to my work address have suddenly started ignoring the suite numbers on addresses in our building complex. We’ve got five or six suites in our large rectangular single story building complex and FedEx is constantly delivering packages to the wrong address. That “last mile” can really make or break delivery service. Of course, that issue is minimal compared to the two times in the past that FedEx freight forklift drivers ran their forklift blades through wooden crates we’d shipped air freight that were worth $50,000 each. Then there was the time three years ago when they lost another package shipped overnight air that was worth even more during the Christmas rush.

I just had what I’d call a near-great delivery experience with FedEx. The Music Room shipped out my pair of RELs last Thursday the 9th, and they arrived here in Indy on Sunday. If I’d had to guess when they’d get here, I would have put money on tomorrow (Tuesday) at the earliest. And the boxes are pristine. The only reason I say it was “near-great” is I had to wait around the house all day until they got here at 6:30 PM, a half hour before quitting time, according to the driver.

Two recent FedEx deliveries, FedEx Home, sourced from Omaha, and each delivered with in 24 hours. BTW this was FedEx’s “budget” service. Great driver, and most personable, as we had a brief chat with each delivery. I offered him an iced tea an a Kind bar.

Sounds like the beginning of a crime series. “… and he was never seen again.” :thinking:

4 Likes

Nah, it’s just lake life…

1 Like

A crime series at a lake that starts with a missing delivery driver? Do tell… I think we are on to something.

1 Like

Throw in an emotionally damaged woman who’s gone to the lake to escape her past and rebuild her life, and you’ve got any number of the books Amazon offers for free each month to Kindle users who are Prime members.

1 Like

Out for delivery: 7/13
Out for delivery: 7/14
Out for delivery: 7/15
Delayed: 7/15

Let me count the ways…

1 Like

well believe it or not, because the euro is so low, I ordered a big cuckoo clock from the Black Forest for my wife to replace her broken one. They shipped via FedEx Monday night CET and it’s at my house in Santa Fe on Thursday at noon Mountain!

That’s great! My package is coming from France, but I think my issue is the local Portland hub. I think they are having continuous staffing shortages.

I haven’t seen a cuckoo clock in years.

It’s fabulous! It’s got handmade shingles on a beer garden with a maid pulling the bell with rope every half hour and playing Edelweiss. Every hour cuckoo come out to chime the hour and plays some other tune and sone animals go round and round.

You only have to wind it every 8 days. All lovingly hand made by German elves.

I told her it’s her birthday (in September) present and xmas present (in December😜)

4 Likes

I like DHL delivery the best. When I order CDs from Japan, they usually arrive ahead of schedule. How often do you experience that from FedEx?

1 Like

I have recently! Via FedEx! And in the hinterlands in Santa Fe NM where Amazon Price two day shipping takes five days on average (no joke).

1 Like

Check out the 3rd line where it says that I requested a delay - except I didn’t. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Dasterdly!

2 Likes

Cunning! As cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

(Brits will get that.)

3 Likes

Boo! Hiss! Has FedEx finally coughed up your goody?

Yes it did show up a day later without fanfare. What a way to do business.

2 Likes

Probably in a ravine somewhere in Arkansas…

FedEx Accidentally Apologizes For Losing A Human Corpse Three Years Ago

Three years ago, a medical examiner sent a human corpse via FedEx. It has been lost ever since.

3 Likes