Apple Music - Direct into Directstream DAC w/perfectwave bridge II?

Ok. Sounds like I should buy the current Apple usb 3 adapter. About $20 on eBay. I looks like about a week delivery, so I’ll get back to you next week.

THANKS,

Bill in Rockford

Try to turn the play volume to MAX on your iPad. Some albums on my iPads, need to have MAX volume on iPad to be heard via DSDAC.

^This

The USB receiver on the DS DAC actually has its own volume setting (it can modify the data it receives before giving it to the FPGA) and some operating systems interact with that. You need to make sure the audio output volume on the iOS device is set to 100%.

Good luck. As noted with digital audio, YMMV unfortunately.

Mike in Dayton

Bill, if you have a Mac your Apple Music subscription will also work on the Mac and you can hook it up via USB to the PS Audio DAC.

That will even play your locally ripped ALAC files as well.

I have my iMac as main server hooked up via USB to the Stellar Gain Cell DAC and am happy with it.

No Mac, windows based .

I don’t expect that you have ripped CD’s with iTunes (now Apple Music) either?

I think you can go to www.iCloud.com, log in with your iCloud account and play Apple Music from that location, also on a windows machine.

FYI. For Windows OS, foobar2000 can be used to USB to DSDAC (and SGCD too)

There is a how to posted (6yr ago)
https://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-play-dsd-files-on-foobar/

I installed foobar on my old windows 7 laptop recently, and updated the installation here.

Received the Apple brand usb 3 camera adapter, plugged it and and, “poof”, worked like magic.

I am very happy.

Thanks all of you for all of your comments. Gotta love the audiophile community.

Bill

2 Likes

So glad it worked. Congratulations and enjoy.

Mike in Dayton

Awesome! Glad it worked out.