Axpona 2022 exhibitor list is out

Thanks Vern!

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to believe there are three peeps in this small group that share a birthday.
You will have to give us a report when you get back from the show.

I absolutely agree to trust the science. Where have you seen the CDC or other doctors saying masks arenā€™t necessary and lifeā€™s ok to get back together? Everything I read says masks are a good idea and social distancing a must. And then thereā€™s the federal mandate on air travel and all forms of public transportation. What am I missing?

Just read the article I linked to yesterday post 41 of this thread. Itā€™s right there highlighted in the summary even without opening the link:

"Most people in the United States live in areas where those who are healthy do not need to wear masks indoors, according to new US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance. "

Couldnā€™t be more clear. The article goes into further details. Thatā€™s their job to assess these things. I trust the CDC on covid guidance rather than my barber or my bus driver or my dentist or ā€¦

Itā€™s evolving and things have apparently (thankfully) changed for the better. ā€œWeā€™re in a better place today than we were six months ago, six weeks ago, six days ago,ā€ US Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra said in a statement to CNN.

FYI, Schaumburg, Illinois is located in Cook and Dupage counties.

The latest CDC approach for masking (and related) guidance for Cook and Dupage counties is:

"In DuPage County, Illinois , community level is Low .

People may choose to mask at any time. People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask."

[Source: Use and Care of Masks | CDC]

Keep in mind the looser recommendations are only for 70% of the population, and masks remain always required for all forms of public transportation.

The CDC additionally recognizes we likely will see another surge and will need to again mask.

Of course if you are at additional risk, and/or see older or other people at risk you should mask.

1 Like

But if you or someone in your close circle is compromised it is still best to stay away from crowds of any type and especially indoors. My wife has several issues which could cause her to perish if she happened to contract the bug. Even though we both are up to date on vaccines they only help to lessen the damage. I am not ready to take that risk just to look at some stereo gear.

3 Likes

True but not relevant to the things being discussed here in this thread. It was contended that it would not be safe to go to Axpona. That is false according to current CDC guidance. If you have CDC guidance that suggests otherwise, please post. Of course things could change in the future, that goes without saying (and if it does change then later new guidance should prevail). But follow the science

As has always been the case with susceptibility to communicable disease. Masks should not be seen as a primary (or even important) means of ā€œprotectionā€ in a public setting.

Letā€™s get back to rational behavior and personal responsibility for oneā€™s own health maintenance and disease prevention, please.

[The last I will opine regarding the subject in this thread.]

Looking forward to pictures and reports from the show, from those that choose to attendā€¦

1 Like

It is completely relevant to AXPONA. There are a number of variables which need to be taken into account. Whether this means it is ā€œsafeā€ for you depends on your circumstances; your health, commodities, who you will be in contact with when you return, whether you and they are fully vaccinated, etc.

All of this requires personal responsibility which I hope all recognize and act upon.

Letā€™s get back to discussing the gathering and stop fussing about COVID.

1 Like

Dr. Anthony Fauci: ā€œIf you look at the number of deaths, about 99.2 percent of them are unvaccinated.ā€œ

ā€œI think, in many respects, [Omicron] with its extraordinary, unprecedented degree of efficiency of transmissibility, will, ultimately, find just about everybody,ā€

I know this is just pulling sound bites, but from what (little) I understand, people who are vaccinated, boosted, and contract Omicron, have a very high level of longer lasting immunity. Seems the message is to get vaccinated, get tested, distance, and wear a mask (although thatā€™s quickly going away), but despite all that, we are exceptionally likely to get Omicron anyway.

Agree. Itā€™s a personal decision, of course. And everyone has different medical conditions. Duh.

And every company needs to make a business decision on whether to attend. Of course. And there are lots of good reasons not to attend, Iā€™m sure. But Covid isnā€™t one of them currently, based on CDC guidance, thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying (especially compared to October 2021 which was time of scheduled RMAF)

Look at photos of the stands at the Super Bowl. 95% or more of the fans were not wearing masks. The fans are more densely packed than you would see at any music trade show. Yet we did not hear of mass deaths or mass hospitalizations or even mass infectionsā€¦.

The vast majority of the population has little to worry about if they have been fully vaccinated. Only the old and those with comorbidities really need worryā€¦.

1 Like

And with this we have covered it.

No more COVID posts, please.

7 Likes

The most ridiculous discussion in forum history.
Personal preferences should not be interfered with.

3 Likes
1 Like

Schaumburg is in Cook County. Schaumburg convention center is also in Cook County.

Having a blast here on setup day at Axpona. Lots of fun. I know now that I need all new gear.

9 Likes

Oh dear. The fox is in the hen house.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s probably the most accurate description on this forum!!!

2 Likes