Axpona 2023

I just saw this on Jamie’s website! this should be a treat!

3 Likes

I should really make a point of NOT NOT NOT listening to the Estelon Extremes. They are even more odd looking than my ice cream cones!

Here is a picture of a Vivid Spirit speaker with an Estelon Extreme speaker behind it:

3 Likes

And finger licking good! :yum:

1 Like

I bet they sound glorious!

1 Like

Looks like War of the Worlds. Prepare to do battle.

3 Likes

I have no stake in that war :wink:

1 Like

Vitus, huh, who knew? Should be a fun listen.

My thought exactly! First off, i think they are over seven feet tall. Imagine using the herb and looking at those things. Menacing as they are.
But still.

I just watched the Tom Cruise version of WotW and it always scares the hell out of me.

3 Likes

Oh come now! You want to compare that version to the classic original? For shame, Al! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I made no comparison my friend. I merely pointed out that little Steven Spielberg scared the hell out of me and oddly chose Tom Cruise as a vessel.

The original is much better.

1 Like

I grant you, Spielberg can make a movie!

1 Like

That basement scene, though (I won’t write too much so as to not spoil anything)…

One of the most dramatic, tense and disturbing things to come out of Hollywood in many years, IMO.

3 Likes

About 20 years ago I had a client in London who was on the phone to a supplier in Seoul and realised there was a big problem, so he jumped in a taxi to the airport, took the first plane to South Korea, went to the guy’s office and turned out he’d misunderstood him and there was no problem at all. Got the next plane back.

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

I can see that in your basement!

1 Like

I know some here follow the brand and thought this may be of interest to those attending Axpona and interested in meeting Garth Powell:

Room 1234. I’ll go see it at 12:34 pm.

5 Likes

That could work

3 Likes

4:20 could work as well, sure will sound better then, broken in and all that.

2 Likes

You should get a good seat then.

3 Likes

You could go to room 418 at 4:18pm, then room 428 at 4:28pm

3 Likes