Baseball-holics anonymous

Strong language. : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f6cmqUTPn08

Epic!

1 Like

@umiami91 What are your thoughts regarding MLB 2020 season? Games without physical fans in seats is better than nothing I guess.

I will take what I can get :neutral_face:

Me too and the Grapefruit and Cactus league proposal could lead to better and more geographically interesting pennant races.

Didnā€™t think about that. Good point.

I expect to lose the entire season. People are scared and absent a vaccine, I donā€™t expect them to gather.

I fear you might be correct. But, I hope we can get a better sense of the actual risk in time to save most of the season. Maybe, just lose April and keep everything else on trackā€¦

One can only hopeā€¦

They would need to crank up spring training again, I would think minimum 2-3 weeks in order to get into season strength.

@umiami91ā€¦hope youā€™re watching The White Sox tonight!

Itā€™s Play Ball! at Wrigley. Go Cubs!

1 Like

North Siders!

Good luck to your Sox this year.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Get to watch the Cubbies on opening day from Knoxville for once, since they are on ESPN.

1 Like

Lucky bum! Iā€™m blacked out. :frowning:
Ah well following the action on gameday. Hendricks with 5 Ks in just 3 frames already. Looks locked in.

Too bad!

My back up plan is the home TV audio feed via SiriusXM. The only reason I subscribe.

1 Like

That was fun while it lasted. I figure the seasonā€™s over.

Is this the game with the round bat?

I am afraid you might be right. There is a difference b/t a positive test result and getting sick (with much of the population). Maybe Baseball will find a way to differentiate b/t the two. But, that would certainly be going against the current ā€œconventional wisdomā€.

Hereā€™s hopingā€¦

Yesterday we had the first test of a socially distanced crowd, at a friendly County match in South London. The rotten weather kept the crowd down. The first crowd at a sport event in the UK since March.

31212480-8561499-image-a-12_1595762906501