As promised, I am posting here first, on Paul’s post soon.
We’re starting beta tests on full production BHK Signature preamps in early May, and taking applications now for testers. Here’s details.
MSRP in the United States is the same as DirectStream, $5,999. It comes complete with the much vaunted BHK headphone amplifier built in - and if you’ve heard BHK’s The King or any of his work with headphones, you’ll appreciate what’s inside. It’s absolutely state of the art.
The long and short of it:
- PerfectWave chassis, OLED display and stepped volume attenuator (same dimensions as DirectStream)
- Tube input stage, zero feedback, based on gold-pin 12AU7
- High current, low output impedance MOSFET output stage
- Fully balanced input to output
- High current oversized power transformer
- Fully regulated power supplies using BHK designed MOSFET discrete voltage regulators (filaments regulated through LT regulators)
- Full BHK designed zero feedback, discrete MOSFET headphone stage
- Remote control
- Volume and balance through a unique combination of gain and attenuation control for the lowest impact of music I have ever heard
- Two output DC control triggers
- Single ended and balanced outputs can be used together for different feeds or separate
Beta testers are required to agree to a few things:
- If there are any updates or changes we feel necessary, we will request the unit back at our expense and take care of it. But all beta units will be upgraded in the unlikely event that becomes necessary.
- You must participate in a closed online forum with comments, suggestions and notes
- You will be asked for a review that will be published on our website and in our public offerings
- You will need to tell us what associated equipment will be used with the BHK and we will determine your eligibility
The BHK Signature preamp is being presented as one of the top performing preamplifiers in the world - call it within the top 5 of all time, any brand or price. Your opinion is what we are after, but let’s not mince words as to what your and our expectation should be.
If you want to put your name on the list, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . But please, don’t send an email if you’re not serious. We’ll get plenty, don’t worry.